Monday, May 2, 2011

Right Place and Right Time

Recently I had this desire to buy more plates that are of the Corelle brand. Previously we had bought some Corelle bowls and plates but I realised that we did not have enough plates. Especially when we host dinners, it makes a lot of difference when you serve the food on kitchenware that are of the same design. Well, I guess it's just me. I am particular about appearances as I do feel that the kitchenware and utensils add to the favour of the taste and the whole dining experience.

On Wednesday, Heng and I were shopping at Robinsons that had a 25% discount on most items for cardholders. I was excited and I quickly went up to the kitchenware section. I was a little disappointed when I could not find the type of plate that I wanted to buy. It would be a good deal. Anyway, I told Heng that we could shop at John Little in another location as there could be a sale going on. When we went there, there was no sale and though I could find the plates, they cost $10.50 each. Well, I had to give it a miss because it was really not value for money. I thought to myself - I will wait.

On Saturday, we went grocery shopping at Tampines mall. There was a sale going on in this departmental store called BHG (Be Here for Good Times). I told Heng that we could check out the Corelle plates to see if there was any discount. Well, when we reached there, I had a pleasant surprise. The kitchenware was already discounted (each plate cost only $8.40) and yet there was another 15% discount off the sale price! Hence in total, there was a discount of 32% on those plates and I paid only $7.15 each! Of course I bought more than I wanted! It was such value for money!

I really thank God for the good bargains...only He could place us at the right place and the right time (and this wasn't the first time). Well those two earlier disappointments at Robinsons and John Little actually set me up for a bigger blessing. No wonder the bible said 'All things work for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose!' All glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment