Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Batam Trip

Thank God for a good 3D2N trip to Batam! We stayed at Harris Resort which was a nice and vibrant place filled with activities. Joshua liked the hotel because he could swim for all three days. My parents were also able to join us for the second day and we went for a good meal at a Chinese restaurant which cost only S$51. We also bought quite a lot of things from Batam. Some things were really cheap like the two t-shirts which I bought costing only S$1.50 each! Overall the things there were not too expensive but the variety was limited.

On the last day, while waiting for the return ferry trip, our family went for a bowling game with my parents. When we first stepped into the bowling alley, it was totally quiet, devoid of customers. Then as we started playing, the other bowling lanes were being taken up and the place became lively and vibrant! I told my parents that this place was blessed because we came. We brought the customers to the bowling alley. My mum agreed and said this was what Pastor Prince always mentioned that we are a blessing everywhere we go.

During the ferry ride back home, there was heavy rain and thunderstorm on the sea. The waves were tossing to and fro and the ferry was experiencing turbulence, much like a roller coaster ride. I actually felt very peaceful about it because I knew Jesus was with me in the boat, like how Jesus was with the disciples during the storm. I know this ferry was protected because the family of God's beloved were in it. My dad was quite worried and kept talking about the rocking caused by the waves. My mum was praying 'real hard' that we would make it safely to Singapore. Heng and I were very confident that God would bring us back safely and we did not even pray. And so we did reach Singapore safely! Thank God!

Upon reaching Harbourfront City, we went for dinner at this fishball noodle shop within the shopping centre. Again when we reached that place, we were the only customers. As we ordered our food and started eating, more customers started streaming in. I told my parents that the same thing happened again - that we were a blessing to the shop, bringing in customers.  My dad was quite amazed and he agreed, having witnessed it twice! Thank God for not only blessing and protecting us, His blessings even overflowed to the people around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment