Sunday, December 12, 2010

Finding rest in the midst of busyness

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I last blogged. Ever since taking possession of our condo, we have been busy preparing for renovation and buying stuff for our new home. Although it is an exciting period, our schedules are almost packed everyday. Besides, we are also having more viewings to our HDB flat as we are renting out our flat in Jan 2011.

But thank God this period is lull period at work, so I can focus more on preparing for my new home. Actually moving house really needs a lot of coordination, from renovation to curtains to furniture to packing, you can imagine how mammoth the task ahead is. In addition, we are also seeking to rent out our flat at the same time. And the fact that Christmas is coming and we need to shop for gifts for our loved ones and friends does add to the list of things to do.

Yet in the midst of the busyness, I am reminded to rest in our Lord Jesus. Being the planner at home, I am the type that needs to know exactly when the furniture are delivered, how to get the best deal, what things need to be packed early etc. But God tells me to rest in Him because everything that I needed has already been provided by Him.

It is really true. So many times I just flow with the Spirit. If the Spirit prompts me to rest, stop all the shopping for home stuff, I will follow. God is so good. We were looking for a dish drainer (those type that you put your dishes and bowls on) but we found the prices too expensive. Then we started our hunt rushing from place to place to compare prices. We couldn't find one suitable at the price we wanted. Then just yesterday, both Heng and I just felt like eating lunch at Tampines Mall. We really didn't plan to shop but there was a sale going on and we found the dish drainer at half the price we wanted! We really thanked God!

Only God can put us at the right place and right time. All our previous efforts, shuttling here and there didn't really help as we couldn't possibly know where the best deals are! Only God can and will lead us to the best deals. Usually we are not so price conscious but because we had to make a lot of cash purchases during this period, we desired to have the best deals so that our dollar can be stretched. God knows our desires and fulfills them.

So right now, even as I blog, there are so many things waiting for me to do but I remembered Matthew 6:33 'Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to me.' So this is what I choose to do...continue to rest in Jesus despite the loads of things to do. It has all been taken care of. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment