Saturday, March 30, 2013

Joshua's First Piano Recital


Today is Joshua's first recital. By God's grace, his teacher really favored him. She felt that Joshua was a bit shy so she wanted to give him the exposure through this recital. I am sure not every student of hers was chosen. Prior to the recital, he only had one lesson with her. Even though it was a simple piece 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star', which he had practiced a few times at home, I was more concerned about him having stage fright. I even asked CG members to pray for him to be bold. Hs teacher was so nice, she said if he is scared, she will sit beside him.

Thank God that Joshua performed well...even though there was a wrong note, I felt that he has already been very bold. He told me that actually he didn't need his teacher to be standing beside him...think he saw that all the other children also played by themselves. I was surprised that he went out alone to receive the certificate. He initially wanted me to accompany him. Actually there were other kids more shy than him...one boy even turned his face away from the audience when he played! 

When Joshua was playing at the piano, I really felt so touched. Here is my boy playing the piano...how much he has grown...how he made me feel so proud of him even though it was a simple song. I had a glimpse of how my Heavenly Father felt about me too. He already loved me the way I am, without my works or performance...yet when He saw me developing to my God-given potential, He must be so proud of me. He must be also telling the angels 'Come look at my daughter...see how much she has grown...I am so proud of my girl!' 

Beloved, if only we could see what He sees in us and hear what He has to say to us, we would often not be so hard on ourselves. I know we have all felt the need to perform at times in our life. Others have placed expectations and demands on us. When we perform at the request of others without having a heart of sacrificial love and kindhearted intentions, resentment can easily form. This robs our rest in the Lord, making us feel the need to perform for Him also. It is not to be so. All service to others comes out of time with Him or it doesn’t bear the fruit of patience, mercy and love. Today The Lord gives us the grace as we come into the quiet place and abide within the very presence of a Holy God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment