Tuesday, June 27, 2017

HARDLY A COINCIDENCE

Our family went for a holiday at Club Med Bintan last week. When we received our room number I was so surprised. It was the same number I thought we were staying in Malaysia in early June. Back then I was having my hair treatment in the hair salon and did not remember the room number though I had the key. I took a shot of the room number but later I passed my handphone to Heng. I vaguely remembered it was 12th floor and this number '1219' came to my mind. Thank God Heng and Joshua came by when I was just done with my hair because the room number was 1240 instead. I could have went to the wrong hotel room. 

But this number ended up to be our Club Med hotel room number instead! It was a prophetic word for our next hotel room! Although this was a small thing, nevertheless it was amazing for me. I wondered what were the chances that it could be this number? Of all the numbers in the world, how could it be so spot on! God must be telling me something. That He is showing me things to come with increasing accuracy. Even another sister also felt that I have come up to another level. Really praise the Lord! It was really quite exciting.

Last night I was pondering upon 1219 and tried to search bible verses associated with this. I came to Romans 12:19 which said 'Beloved, do not avenge yourselves but rather give place to God's wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord. I was wondering why the Lord impressed upon me this verse. I wasn't even thinking about taking revenge on those people who persecuted us. There was a time I thought about it but now no more. I wasn't thinking about revenge. I really didn't care much about them, especially not when I am busy enjoying my life.

This morning it occurred to me why God showed me this verse. It was in the context of God avenging my enemies in this season. God wanted my enemies to repay me for all the troubles brought upon me. The enemy is being paid back for touching you. The enemy is being paid back for tormenting you. The enemy is being paid back for stealing, killing and destroying in your life. The enemy is being paid back for lying to you. The enemy is being paid back for attempting to kill you. I may have forgotten about revenge but God hasn't. Praise God for now is payback time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment