Tuesday, May 12, 2020

SEEDTIME AND HARVEST

Recently I am watching Andrew Wommack’s series on ‘A Sure Foundation’. He talked about seed time and harvest, and how this law always works. But there usually is a time lapse between sowing and reaping. The seed needs time to germinate, spring up and then grow to a point where it can bear fruit. If we don’t understand this principle then we will get discouraged if we don’t see fruits soon enough.

He taught from Mark 4:4-8. It was a parable of how a sower sowed seeds and some fell by the wayside and the birds of the air came and ate it. Some fell on stony ground and it immediately sprung up but because it had no root, it withered away. Yet some seed fell among thorns and the thorns grew and choked it, so it yielded no crop. But other seed fell on good ground and yielded a harvest: some thirty fold, some sixty and some a hundred. 

This verse was given to me in Apr 2011. That was the time I started studying the word of God seriously. I knew God was trying to tell me that one day this word will produce a crop because it is like seed sowed in good soil. In Feb 2012, He even gave me an imagery of a big oak tree and told me that one day I will be like that oak tree of righteousness and others will take shade under my tree. 

I always take it that Mark 4:8 was referring to how the harvest might be progressive like healing manifestation. Thirty, sixty then hundredfold. But when I read it again, I saw that the word of God sowed in different good soil might produce different harvests. For some people it might produce thirty fold harvest. For others sixty fold. Yet others hundredfold. As for me I want to go for the hundredfold harvest. 

Somehow the principle of sowing and reaping was brought to my attention when Pastor preached about it two weeks ago. He was saying that we might be eating of the old harvest but are we sowing for the next harvest. He was talking of sowing in a time of famine to reap a hundredfold return. When I watched his sermon again, I had this sense that the famine we are going to see is going to be more severe than we can imagine. 

This is definitely not good news for the world but for the church, when there is a famine, there will be a transfer of wealth. This can’t take place under normal circumstances. Only under a major shaking or a time of famine. Once again I am convinced that the Lord connected me to a particular group for a time like this. It had only been a few months but we are already seeing a time of famine in the world.

For some reason while the people of the world are fearful of their financial future, I am not. Somehow I know this is a great opportunity for the transfer of wealth. Although I don’t like to see people losing their jobs or economies going into recession, I believe this shaking is for our good. And the world will not understand the power of a seed. The power of sowing in a time like famine. It doesn’t make sense to give when you could be in lack. 

Genesis 26:12 says ‘Isaac sowed a seed in a time of famine and he reaped a hundredfold in the same year.’ There is a transfer of wealth taking place in a time of famine. Things are always inverse for the church, so when the world is in famine, the church will prosper. That was what Andrew Wommack did. During a time of recession in 2008/2009, the Lord prospered his ministry and they were able to buy properties at a fraction of the price because people were selling frantically. 

He was bold enough to enter the market to buy the properties instead of putting his money in the bank because he knew that one day things would turn around. And when it finally did turn around, they benefited so much from the downturn. This was something the Lord impressed upon me too. This is not the time to draw back but be bold. When the Lord tells us to take action, we obey. We don’t have to fear like the people of the world. The Lord protects and blesses our seed when it is sown.

No comments:

Post a Comment