Friday, October 23, 2020

ARE THE HEATHENS REALLY MORE BLESSED THAN BELIEVERS?

There was a question during our Josephs’ meeting about why many heathens are much richer and more blessed than many believers. They do not seem to live a life of struggles unlike many believers. This was a question I asked God many years ago and God showed me this revelation. Are you curious to know what was His answer? Here it goes.   

God told me that was a lie from the pit of hell. How can the heathens be better off than us? Firstly their end is hell in eternity, not heaven. Secondly they don't have Christ in their lives so they have no protection against the wiles of the enemy. When bad things happen, they are bad. There is no inheritance for them to believe that God would work all things out for their good. (Romans 8:28)

 

They also don't have the security like us, for they fear of bad things happening in the future. Who can they look to except themselves? Heng always said that you can never know how the heathens are living their lives. Without God to take care and provide for them, they will still worry about the future. Struggle with insecurity, bitterness, comparison, jealousy and envy etc. They may look happy on the surface but you will never know their inward struggles. 

 

Psalms 73:17-20 says ‘until I went into the sanctuary of God then I understood their end. Surely you set them in slippery places; you make them fall into ruin. O how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors. As a dream when one awakens; so Lord when you awaken you shall despise their image.’

 

Also Psalms 37:1-2 says ‘Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of them. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.’ There had been many times in the past when my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered when I saw how the heathens seemed to have their way while we the beloved children of God are deprived. 

 

For many years, I was constantly taunted and deceived by the enemy’s lie in this area. Yet when I entered God’s sanctuary, I saw the end of the heathens. And there was nothing to envy them. I saw that I was senseless and ignorance, like a brute beast before the Lord. Yet I was still with Him and He held me by my hand. He guided me with His counsel and took me into His glory afterward. 

 

Whom do I have in heaven but You? There is nothing I desire more on earth than You. Therein lies my blessedness that no one can take away. Jesus is my greatest wealth. When God opened my eyes to see that I already have the greatest wealth, how can I still complain that the heathens are more blessed than me? By whose yardstick am I measuring the success or blessings? 

 

I then realised that I was looking through the lens of the world, not God. I was only focused on what my eyes can see but the unseen realm is actually more real. What the heathens have is only temporal. They are not building up treasures in heaven where moth and rust cannot destroy. Yes they may seem to be living a blessed and abundant life but their end is still hell if they do not have Jesus. So what is the use of all the riches accumulated here on earth if they cannot bring it with them when they die? 

 

Another example the Lord impressed upon me was the story of the poor beggar Lazarus and the rich man. This account is found in Luke 16:19-31. I want to draw your attention to verses 25 and 26. But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

 

In the unseen realm, there is also a spiritual warfare against the Joseph people in the area of wealth creation. The enemy is working hard to come against this mission of God. I reminded the Josephs’ group that God called us to pray to break the demonic attacks against the Joseph people. Besides we never know, God may be laying up the wealth of the sinners for the righteous (Proverbs 13:22) just like how He caused the giants in the promised land to build cities and dig wells in preparation for the Israelites to possess and inherit all these things. 

 

Even though our greatest wealth is knowing Jesus, I still have to qualify that it is still God’s will to bless us with physical possessions because after all our Father owns the cattle on the thousand hills. (Psalms 57:10) It is also the Father’s good pleasure to give us His kingdom. (Luke 12:32) One of the reasons believers are not walking in such prosperity could be due to wrong believing taught in the pulpits or a lack of knowledge. 

 

We could be limited by the law because we are under demand whereas the heathens do not seem to be held back by such evil conscience. Some believers may be taught that money is the root of all evil and to stay close to the Lord one must not accumulate too much wealth or he would be tempted to stray away. But the bible clearly said that it is the love of money being the root of all evil, not money per se. 

 

Yet many Christians are hoodwinked by the lie that money will destroy their lives and their families. Hence the aversion to amass wealth here on earth. They could also have the wrong thinking that it was all pointless to build up treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy and thieves can break in to steal. What they need is a revelation that God wants to bless them with the money to bless the people and advance His kingdom purposes. That will be another topic all by itself which I would touch on another time. 

 

In recent years, what the Lord showed me was that the difference between believers and nonbelievers are going to be even more stark in this new era. There will be a greater chasm between us and the heathens. Be prepared to see a great divide become more visible within families, communities and nations. As God pours out more of His blessings on us, people around us are going to get even more jealous of our blessings. God is now turning the tables by blessing us more than the heathens through the transfer of wealth. Yes be prepared. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment