Sunday, February 28, 2021

MEDIA MOUNTAIN

I was reading about the first enemy nation of Hittite which was the media mountain to be conquered from Johnny Enlow’s book ‘Seven Mountains of Prophecy’. Well I learnt that the word Hittite comes from the name Heth which means ‘fear’ or ‘terror’. These spirits are having a heyday being released over the air through various news outlets. They are causing more damage than the real terrorists, resulting in men’s hearts failing because of fear.

A disproportionate fear creates a false battlefield. Bad news is Satan’s speciality and twisting news is his delight. His goal is to flood the airwaves with bad news, bringing the battle to his home ground where he can easily pick off the fearful and anxious then inject sickness into a weakened immune system. Satan constantly sets scenarios that distract us from the true battlefields. He uses the media to create infighting and division at all levels of society. 

The evil principality on this mountain are twisting events and making things seem like not so. Their sting is in their tales. They have created a battlefield and convinced us that is where we must act as priority but what they say is far from the truth. Bad news conditions a soul to respond to evil influences while good news condition a soul to respond to a good God. 

 

The airwaves should be filled with that which is good, noble, lovely, of a good report in which the Lord’s school of journalism grows from. Instead of just reporting on a disaster, a positive response to negative news can be highlighted to show the silver lining in every tragedy. It is the kind of narrative or story angle that releases hope. We meditate and are motivated by whatever is before our eyes. 

 

The past few months was a very good depiction of how the enemy was flooding the airwaves with bad news of the pandemic, economic recession and chaos in the world. The confusion and distractions that we faced last year was never experienced before. Firstly there have been many conspiracy theories about the spread of the virus, the end times and the one world government. Though there was an element of truth in some of these reports, the angle in which it was presented was doom and gloom. That was how I knew in my spirit that it couldn’t be from God. 

 

Even believers are playing into the devil’s hands to spread rumours and inject fear into the body of Christ. This is not surprising because the bible already warns us of great deception in the last days. And yes the enemy used the media to cause strife and infighting not just at all levels of society but especially within the body of Christ. It was a major distraction because that battlefield is just a smokescreen, not the real one with spoils. 

 

Amidst all the confusion, I was even more determined to seek the Lord for the truth, for what is actually happening behind the scenes. Deep down I know that God already has a solution for everything that happened. It didn’t catch Him by surprise. And yes His narrative is always one that brings hope to the soul, not doom or gloom. That was how I sensed the talk about rapture coming soon was a cop-out. 


Not that I didn’t believe the rapture was coming in this generation but that it was like the panacea to bring believers out of this troubled world. And the talk about how we have entered into the seven-year tribulation or that the anti-Christ has already surfaced in the world was also not backed by biblical teachings. As long as the church (who is the restraining force) is still in the world, the anti-Christ cannot emerge. 

 

The enemy wanted the believers to buy into this narrative so that we would be helpless and powerless to stand against his wiles. He wanted us to believe that the only way out of all these trials is to look for Jesus to save us through the rapture. That has never been God’s best for us. Besides God is awakening us to the truth of what had been happening in our world. The evil and all the injustices. 

 

Some prophets and great men of God were hoodwinked by believing that God is already finished with this matter and urged the rest of us to repent and move forward. There has never been so much hatred and violence in the world caused by wrongful representation of facts by the media. At some point I didn’t even believe all that the media was telling us. I couldn’t be sure if that was the truth. 


That was when I knew my source of information had to come straight from the Lord. If the Lord said so then it must be true. But if He remained silent or didn’t correct the news then I will take it with some level of credibility. Like for example God never told me that the vaccine was evil or that it bore the mark of the beast. He only said not to worry for He will bring good out of the evil intended by the enemy. 

 

Though this was not exactly God’s best for His people (His best is still divine protection and healing), it has no power to harm the believers. And whatever evil that the enemy has planned, I really don’t think it could succeed. Not with the church praying against it. I have no problem with people trying to uncover the truth but I don’t like the after taste of it causing fear or certain hopelessness. 

 

And many times I find that we are being reactive in our prayers. Some of such news, especially when not verified had the effect of injecting fear and causing us to be distracted from what God has told us or instructed us earlier. Even if the person who circulated the news meant well, the end outcome was not intended by God. Unless the message comes with a solution or a redemptive hope, I would usually dismiss it. Or if it really bothered me so much, I would take it to the Lord and seek an answer from Him. 

 

I encountered the enemy twisting the narrative in my own life. Especially after God has given me a specific word or instruction. The enemy would then bombard me with a totally opposite story angle from what God told me. Even though I knew these were lies and it served to distract me, somehow the negative narrative had an adverse impact on my heart. I felt harassed and frustrated. Only by going back to the Lord can I have clarity over what was truly going on in my life.  


Many lessons served to remind me the importance of guarding our ear and eye gates. It is really for our own good. The constant bombardment of bad news will eventually cause our hearts to fail because of fear and anxiety. And this will affect our health. The lying symptoms will start to appear one by one. Constant bad news will rob one of the peace and joy, causing our souls to be downcast. That is also when we become most vulnerable to depression. Because we cannot see any hope in our situation. 

 

But the truth is there is always hope in Christ. God will not end a story in defeat. He has won the war and we are on the winning side. Yet the enemy kept trying to convince us that we had lost the battle. Honestly he has no power to stop God’s word from coming to pass so the only thing he can do is to cause obstruction and delays so as to wear us out from having too many hopes deferred. He wants to get us to a place where we blame God and give up on the promises. 

 

His ultimate objective isn’t just to rob us of our possession and inheritance, he wants to thwart our relationship with our Abba. He wants to destroy our trust in God so that we could never get back on our feet again. Through constant bad news and fear, he is trying to break our will and our spirit. He hopes to get us to a point where we become bitter with God and turn our backs against God. I have seen this evil tactic in my life. So many times. I have learnt so much about his warfare tactics over the years of being attacked.   

 

I really thank God that when I was so distracted a few weeks ago, He sent word through all the messages to tell me to get back to the secret place. In His presence is fullness of joy. It is only in God’s presence that I was restored to peace and joy. That I began to see things clearly so as not to be affected by the enemy’s lies. And the joy of the Lord is my strength. Indeed I had so much joy spending time with the Lord. I also was able to hear Him more clearly about His plan and instruction for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment