Thursday, May 5, 2011

Faith-starters

I am sure you have heard of fire-starters. What about faith-starters? It is a term God showed me just yesterday. Well, faith-starters function the same way that fire-starters do. They help to 'jump-start' believers' faith and fan it into flames. You see, God is such a merciful God and He has a thousand ways to help you receive that miracle that you need. Perhaps you have been believing for healing for years but the physical manifestation has not come yet. It really doesn't matter how long you have waited. God knows and He always sends help on the way. One of such help is faith-starters.

Faith-starters can be a person or an incident that actually help to boost your faith. God always meets us at the level of our faith and He never condemns us even if we have little faith. Because even when we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself (2 Tim 2:13). Despite that, God always desires for us to have faith in His Word because He knows when we have faith as small as a mustard seed, this faith will grow and bear fruit. When that time comes, we will have the faith to exercise the authority given to us, to command our physical circumstances to line up with the Word of God.

But not many believers are able to operate on that level of faith for them to just stand on the Word of God to see their miracle come to pass. Especially when a long time has passed and believers became weary in waiting, even doubting if they had heard God correctly in the first place. That's the time God sends faith-starters to give their faith a booster jab. For example, in 2005, my faith was not high enough to be convinced of God's Word that I will conceive and give birth to a child. God sent a woman of God, a missionary to pray for us. When she laid hands on my womb and I felt the anointing of God on me (so strong that I begin to fall back), that experience did help to boost my faith to receive this child (Joshua) that God had already given.

This time round, while I was again looking out for such faith-starters, God is teaching me to operate on a higher level of faith because He is a progressive God. It wasn't easy but by God's grace, I have reached a level that I don't need faith-starters anymore. I have learnt to appropriate His promises just by standing on His Word and calling things that are not as though they existed (Rom 4:27). Having shown me how to claim my miracle based on His Word, God now wants me to be a faith-starter. He wants me to go on to help others 'jump-start' their faith to fulfill all the desires and pursue the dreams that God has put in their hearts. Whether it is healing or giving to God's ministry 'big-time' or a life-partner or a wayward child, nothing is impossible for our God.

So dear friends, do you need a faith-starter or are you a faith-starter?

2 comments:

  1. What an inspirational idea! Praise God for providing you with the idea of a faith starter. I am constantly working on boosting my faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and giving me words of encouragement. I am sure that He who has started a good work in you will bring your faith to perfection in Christ!

    ReplyDelete