Thursday, May 19, 2011

God's Assurance of Answered Prayers

During the holiday on Tuesday, our family went to the beach for a picnic around evening time. This idea was suggested by our dear son. It was really an enjoyable experience. Heng cooked Chinese food and we packed the food there to eat dinner. The evening breeze was cooling and Joshua enjoyed playing by the beach, building sandcastles and collecting seawater in his pail.

At one point I walked out to the sea shore but not near enough to where the waves were splashing on the sand. Suddenly I had a thought. I was believing God for a miracle, for an answered prayer in my life. I knew God could do the impossible. I asked God if I could have His assurance of answered prayer. I said 'God, I know You can do the impossible by making the waves splash my feet though I was a distance away from the shoreline.' And so I waited, believing that God would bring the waves to my feet. Even though it took quite a while, I wasn't about to give up. I enjoyed the sea breeze and looking at the waves while waiting.

Even though it might be low tide now, I knew that high tide would come. It would surely come. All I needed was for God to create a huge wave to bring the seawater to my feet. I got excited when I saw a big ship moving away from the port in the far horizon. I knew the ship would create ripples large enough for the waves to come near me. Though it stiill took a little while more, the waves really did get bigger.

There was one time that the waves actually came so close like 1cm away. I got even more excited because I knew that it was a sign that the waves were coming to me very soon. True enough, just one or two more minutes later, the waves were huge enough and splashed all over my feet! It was such a wonderful experience and I praised the Lord with a loud voice! And God is so good. He brought the waves to my feet not once but three times!

God knew what was the question in my heart earlier and not only answered it with His Word, He also gave me this simple experience by the beach to confirm that He is a God who can do the impossible! Hence this time round, I am going to stand firm on His Word because He has spoken so clearly. His Word in my life will always cause the circumstances to line up with His promises. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment