Thursday, April 26, 2012

More fruits manifesting!

Just this month I got to know of more fruits manifesting in my life and my ministry. I just want to say I cannot thank God enough for allowing me to be part of this exciting plan He has prepared for me. Indeed I am like a tree planted by the rivers of water and I bear fruit this season.

First of all, I received news that one of my care group (CG) members who has not spoken with his daughter for 7 years has finally reconciled with her. I still remember last June, during one CG meeting, the Holy Spirit was moving so strongly in our midst and the work of restoration has already started in his family. His heart was softened and he wanted to reconcile with his daughter but she was not ready. The CG stood in faith with him, believing that God would work on his daughter and soften her heart. One day, the father and daughter will surely be reconciled.

Subsequently she decided to venture overseas and she left Singapore in Oct 2011. Her mum had hoped that she could reconcile with her dad before she left but it did not happen that way. Yet God is so good. He who began a good work in us will bring it to completion. In Apr 2012, God completed his work of restoration in the family. The daughter finally talked to her dad and he assured her that he was never against her and he told her that he loved her. Wow! I believed this reconciliation was more than what the dad could ask for because I could see joyful tears in his eyes as he shared this with us. God is so good - the fruit manifested in less than a year!

Secondly, as I was attending CG meeting this week, I heard a testimony about a father sharing how God is so timely in His favour. His daughter was the beneficiary of the tie-up between a local arts institution and a renowned UK university. As a result, the degree would not only be recognised by the government, there would also be government funding for the degree programme. This meant that he would have saved up on a huge sum of money because the degree course was quite expensive. I was happy to share that this project was the fruit of our labour when I was in my previous workplace.

My previous organisation has been trying to fight for government funding for the arts institution for a decade but in 2010, the stars had aligned. God allowed me to be part of the team that fought for and finally witnessed this funding approval from the government. It was the last project that I completed back then which gave me a great sense of satisfaction and more importantly, a legacy to leave behind. I knew that with the continued government funding, the future arts students in these institutions would definitely benefit from this policy change. Indeed, thank God that it came to pass: I heard a brother testify how this funding has benefited his family!

Thirdly, I remembered God prompting me to pray for a young boy with celebral palsy in church last Aug. I did not know the boy but as he sat on the pram, the sad look on his eyes caught my attention. At that point I had great compassion for him. Then I felt God telling to lay hands on him and pray for his supernatural healing. As I stepped out in faith to lay hands and pray for him, I experienced God's intense love for this boy and I teared. I told him that God loves him so much and Jesus wants to heal him. One day he would be able to walk and play like the other kids. After praying for him, I walked away feeling more blessed. I was sure that he will be healed but I never saw him again after that.

Recently, one of my CG members who is an usher in church told me about a miracle healing that took place. She said that a boy who could not walk before started walking during the service. My heart was beating so fast as I was quite sure it was this boy. Indeed as I described his parents and gave his name, I confirmed that it was really him! I was really so happy to hear that he is finally walking like other kids! I am sure that many others had laid hands and prayed for him, not just me but I thanked God for allowing me again to be part of this beautiful miracle. More importantly, that is also God's affirmation of his plan for me to be involved in a healing ministry in future. I again saw fruits manifesting from this ministry.

In the final analysis, I just wanted to encourage my brothers and sisters that whatever the Lord has put on your heart and told you, just hang on to His word. No matter how long it takes, I have learnt that God's Word will always come to pass. Take heart that God is accelerating things behind the scene and you will see your breakthrough very soon! Now is the time! Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment