Friday, September 21, 2012

How God views time

Dear Beloved, I just wanted to share a revelation regarding how God views time. I must say that this is one of the more important revelations I received because this had been an area that I struggled tremendously with over the past few years. During the long wait for certain promises of my life to manifest, I have often asked God about the timing issue. I guess my faith was strong enough to believe that what He promised, He is able to perform, yet with regards to when He will perform, I have always been in doubt. It is quite an oxymoron right? Actually if you are very sure He will do what He promised, you will stand firm and strong no matter how long it takes to manifest, right?

Ok, this does not work that way for me. The reason is I had a very limited perspective of time. I saw time as confined to the hour glass of my life on earth. I saw the clock ticking and I was conscious of my age. I saw how my peers had seemingly moved on in the areas I had desired. I was discouraged and distracted, spending my time running here and there trying to fulfill God's promises in my own strength. All the while hoping that it would perhaps expedite things and cut short my waiting time.

Because I viewed my time and what I do in such a limited time scope, I have the tendency to give up or be despondent until the Lord liberated me from this bondage by showing me how He views time. Afterall, He lives outside of time and space. He is not limited by time. In fact, He created time. He can redeem lost time. He can even stop time like how He stopped the sun from moving for one whole day at Joshua's request. What makes me think that with the timeless One living in me, I could still be trapped by the limits of time on earth?

In fact, the truth is when a person is saved, eternal life starts from the moment of salvation. Time on earth is temporal but when that time is up, the person just simply changes location and ends up in heaven for eternity. For that person, time has changed from being 'limited in this earth' to 'limitless'. In that one act of salvation, God has just affected time for that person and infused it with eternal purpose. The hour glass is shattered because it no longer holds true for him.

If you think it impossible, God has given us a glimpse of how He can affect time through space travel. You would have heard about how an astronaut orbits space for a couple of weeks to return to earth and find that 70 years had passed. The person still stayed the same while the people around him had aged or even passed on. Sounds impossible? It has happened before. No one can explain how it could happen but it has something to do with the light-years of traveling in space.

Well, now you know that your time is limitless, would you still feel constrained by the time you live on earth? Would you still feel that the promises of God are slow in coming? Know that with the Lord, a thousand years is like a day. Just like a person who has great wealth will not be constrained in his spending, we who have eternal life should not be limited by the time we spend on earth.

I don't know about you but viewing time from God's perspective gives me rest. I no longer need to feel that my time is running out or that I am getting older each day. Afterall, God is able to cause my youth to be renewed so that I could still have a lot of strength and vitality to serve Him even when my peers have grown old. Age is really just a number. I don't have to feel that while staying home and spending time with the Lord, the whole world is passing by me. The truth is that the Lord is affecting my time on earth and catapulting me further into my destiny that I can imagine. When I do what He tells me, He is imparting to me the power to affect time...not just for myself but for many others.

I really don't know how He can do that but I trust that nothing is impossible with Him. Afterall, He is the timeless One. Maybe the power to affect time is to go back to the past or to make time stop or to travel to the future. Time travel might be just science fiction for us now but it is definitely a reality to Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment