Monday, October 8, 2012

My Birthday Present

Thank God that my hubby bought an iPad for me as a birthday present! It was a pleasant surprise! Even though my birthday is end of the month, he gave me this present yesterday. Actually I already suspected that he bought an iPad because he asked me for my email password. Then one day I received an email saying that my apple id used to sign in to iCloud and iPad. It was weird because I don't have an iPad...so I dismissed it as junk mail. But when I asked my hubby about it, he gave me a sheepish look and said that why would he buy an iPad. I said 'good' because I don't want him to waste money since I already have a laptop, an iPod and iPhone.

But as time passed, he shared with me the benefits of having an iPad. He told me that I can blog more often with an iPad since it is small and easy to carry. Besides there is no need to wait for it to boot up, unlike a laptop. I can also read devotionals from the web better with an enlarged screen. Well, I take it from him that the iPad has been bought, since he was already convincing me with the benefits. So he asked me when I would want to receive my present. I thought it was still early so I said 'Wait till it is nearer my birthday.' But I felt it was rather silly to wait till then since the present was already at home. He told me he hid it somewhere and if I found it, I can have it earlier.

Nope, I could not find my present. He did a great job in hiding it. And so yesterday he finally presented me with this iPad. Even though I already knew that my present was a iPad, that there is really no surprise...the fact was when I held the iPad in my hands and explored the functions, I was still very happy and excited. Nothing beats the real thing! Yes, it is a luxury that I really don't need and I would not spend it on myself...but if my hubby wants me to own one, why not? I just graciously receive and thank him for it!

And so, here I am, using the iPad to blog. Not that I am a huge fan of Apple...but I really think it is a wonderful gadget. Checking and responding to my emails, logging into our church portal, reading devotionals and surfing the web becomes so much easier with a big screen! It's like I don't have to be limited by the small screen on my iPod or iPhone anymore. Of course, watching Taiwanese pop dramas from this iPad would be such a pleasure too! Truly the benefits outweigh the price, for people buy the hardware but are entitled to the countless software programs that come along with it, free!

I hope that I could blog more often with this iPad as I believe I have so much more to share with you regarding the word of God. May The Lord bless me richly with the use of this gadget so that I would be a blessing to many others!


No comments:

Post a Comment