Monday, October 8, 2012

Healing Miracles

Actually I wanted to share this testimony long ago. Sometime last August, after service one Sunday, as we were walking to Rock Kidz (Sunday school) to pick Joshua up, I saw this boy with celebral palsy on a pram. He was about seven or eight years old. What caught my eye was the melancholic look on his face. His eyes were full of longing and sadness. I really cannot forget that look. Then the Lord prompted me to lay hands and pray for him. I was not yet a leader but the Lord placed this desire within me to lay hands and pray for the sick. I hesitated for a while because I thought it might be strange and too abrupt for me to walk up to his parents and said I want to pray for their son. What if they did not want any prayers? What if they were disillusioned with God?

So I told God if I could still see this boy after we picked up Joshua, then I would know that I had to pray for him. It was God's will. Well, guess what? We saw them waiting for the lift after we came out from Rock Kidz. So I told Heng that I really needed to lay hands and pray for this boy. Heng was saying we were in hurry to go somewhere and it was strange to approach them out of the blue. Well I said I know it was strange but since the Lord said so, I must obey! And so I went and approached his mum. I asked for his name and if I could pray for him. The mum was happy that I could pray for him. As I prayed, I really sensed God's love for this precious boy and I was overwhelmed with tears. I told him that one day he would be able to walk and run like other kids because I sensed that was his heart's desire. I knew that it was God's will to heal him and his healing would manifest soon.

Well I did not see the boy for almost one year but when I saw him again, he was not only walking well but very animated when he worshipped the Lord during service. He looked so happy and excited, so different from when I last saw him. Seeing him totally healed and worshipping the Lord made me cry again for I saw the marvelous work of God. The Lord is faithful. What He promised, He delivered. I could almost feel the joy of his mum the day he started walking. The Lord is so good to
me. Many people would have prayed for him but I thank God for allowing me to participate in this
healing miracle.

I had the privilege of speaking with his mum and him sometime later. Actually the Lord healed him earlier in April this year. His mum said that God is really good to him and that even though his development was still a bit slower and there was still some chromosome imbalance, she believed that God would heal him completely. I told her that surely it would happen because healing has been purchased by Jesus on the cross.  This boy is blessed by God and would be used mightily as a testimony of His goodness. And guess what is his name? He is called Samuel. He is called to be God's prophet and he will surely live to His calling one day. The Lord is faithful and yes, miracles of healing still do exist today.

No comments:

Post a Comment