Monday, October 29, 2012

My Birthday Celebration

My parents celebrated my birthday by bringing all of us out for a dinner and they even bought a birthday cake for me. I really felt so blessed to celebrate my birthday with my family. Joshua and his cousin Aloysius had a great time playing with their uncle (my youngest brother). As for our own family, we went for a high tea buffet at Equinox on Friday. This place was on the 70th floor of a hotel. The view was spectacular, as you can imagine. Both Joshua and I loved the high tea there...we have a sweet tooth you see. The spread was wonderful for me and the best part was the restaurant served free flow TWG teas. This was the first time I tasted TWG teas and I felt this brand of tea was really different from the others. I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday celebrations.

I thank God for 38 good years of my life and many more better years to come. I am blessed with a beautiful family and a fulfilling life. I thank God that I am also able to serve Him in ministry. Jesus said in John 10:10 'I have come that you may have life and life to the fullest.' It occurred to me that though I was not born on 10 Oct, my birthday 2+8 adds to 10 and my month is Oct, so it is also like John 10:10. It is because of Jesus that I can have an abundant life...I'm reminding myself to give thanks and have a grateful heart. We are all so prone to forget what marvelous things the Lord has done for us. For me, I have nearly forgotten how I have suffered in my old workplace and how God delivered me from that pit. I need to celebrate all the good things He has done for me and most importantly to celebrate this significant day that He brought me into this beautiful world. Thank You, Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment