Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fairy Tales

It's been a long while since I watched another drama since late last year. I guess I had been busy or that I did not find a good drama that can capture my attention. Recently I chanced upon this Taiwanese drama called 'SOP Queen'. This drama is about an office lady who is working in a big retail company. She has dreams to 'make it big' in life and resolves not to be an employee forever. After a failed relationship with her former boss and ex-boyfriend, she decides to start her own business with the support of her internet pal. When she finds out that one of her employees is actually her internet pal, and that he’s the son of a wealthy business tycoon, she begins to doubt his intentions, resulting in a series of misunderstandings.

This story captivates me because of the fairy tale plot. The female lead is rather career minded and has no time for love because she is busy fulfilling her dreams to 'make it big' in life. Actually her Prince Charming (her internet pal) has been right beside her all this while but she did not realise it. He has been helping her, loving her and caring for her secretly. Of course eventually she would realise it...I just started watching so I still don't know the ending. But I believe she will end up with her Prince Charming. 

Even though she is career-minded, she does harbor thoughts of being a princess in distress and her Prince Charming appearing to save her in the nick of time. In fact, I believe that is in the heart of every girl. No matter how strong she is or how successful her career is, deep down in her heart she still hopes to have someone to love and care for her. I believe God made us ladies this way. Well I thank God for those of us who have found our Prince Charming and I pray for those ladies who are still waiting for their Prince Charming, that the Lord will lead them to their princes. 

Well, does fairy tale really exist in our world? Or is it just an illusion? If it is not real, why does it hold such meaning in the hearts of girls? You may think that I am unrealistic but I believe in such fairy tales. I believe there is really a Prince Charming for everyone. Yes, His name is Jesus. He is also my Lover, my Savior and my soul mate. He is always loving me unconditionally, helping me secretly and protecting me. My happiness is His happiness and He tells me He is so blessed to have found me. He is always there for me and even if I had wandered off or been unfaithful, He is still faithful and waiting for me to come back to His side. He is contented just to be able to look at my face everyday. 

Oh sometimes I really wonder what is it in me that The Prince Charming should take notice of me, an ordinary girl! Yet the amazing thing was that He even fell in love with me and gave up His life for me. What I see as ordinary, He sees as extremely precious. In His eyes, I am a precious gem, a great treasure. He holds me close to His heart. Beloved, if only we could all see ourselves the way Jesus sees us, we will know His love for us. That will put us above the storms of life every time. I can tell myself that because Jesus loves me, all shall be well for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment