Sunday, June 16, 2013

Patterns in divine shifts

I have noticed over the past few years, that there are similarities in what God told me, how I felt and the events that happened leading up to a divine shift in season. After a few times of observing this pattern, I am more apt to discern the shifts in seasons. Firstly, God will usually prepare me with verses that speak of Him doing a new thing like Isaiah 43:19 or messages that speak of change coming. He will then tell me to let go of the past for it is no more. The old has gone, the new has come.

 Secondly, God would usually tell me to prepare for action, no more waiting, arise and go, get ready to move on, be on the expectant lookout for the new things months before the season change. He would also enlarge my vision, stretch my tent curtains and renew my mind to prepare me to embrace the change that is come in up. The key is to remain flexible and close to The Lord for He might do things in a different way. New wine cannot be poured into old wineskins.

Thirdly, just before I step into the Promised land, The Lord will bring me through a review of the past journey taken. This is an important step, looking back before He moves me forward. In doing so, He will show me that I have finished that chapter well and He is pleased with me. Hence He is now ready to move me on, He promises to complete the good work He started in me for that season. Looking back also serves the purpose of setting up memorial stones as signs of His faithfulness. He will also tell me to remember that it is The Lord who caused this to come to pass. I am to give all the glory back to Jesus. Let he who boasts boast in The Lord. He will also remind me to meditate on His word, to be strong and courageous in the days ahead.

Fourthly, just before the divine shifts take place, I find myself undergoing a lot of pressure and opposition. Many distractions also occur to take my focus off what The Lord is doing in my life. I would feel like a woman about to give birth, with all those labour pains or contractions, making me feel so uncomfortable, restless and vulnerable. I would feel like a door has closed behind me, there is no turning back and yet the door in front is not opened yet. I would feel so stuck and then I would cry out to The Lord asking Him to show me evidences of change, of the new things He spoke of. Yet The Lord is so good. He would assure me again that He will finish what He started and when He opens a door, no one can shut. The truth is the door is still open even though I may not feel it or see it yet. When I reached this tipping point, I would see the door ahead of me open or I would feel things falling into place.

Lastly, there is usually a step of faith required. The step of faith is to respond to His call to the new things He has began in my life. At this point, after the open door has been revealed, it is clear that a change has occurred, a divine shift has taken place. Yet this calls for a response for me to walk through that open door. This step is irreversible. When you walk through that door, it will be stepping into a whole new world. Everything will not be the same anymore. Yes, open doors are exciting yet the unknown changes ahead are unsettling. There will surely be adjustments ahead and you will wonder how it would be like.

At this point, there is no room for doubts or unbelief. The long-awaited change is here, the door ahead is finally opened and it really does not make sense to draw back now. You just got to trust God that since He has brought you thus far, He will surely bring you to cross the finish line. He will finish what He started in you. So don't think so much, just obey Him and walk through that open door. A whole new world awaits you and you will never regret it. He will cause you to successfully transit into a new season. Congratulations and rejoice for He has brought you up to another level, bringing you closer to your divine destiny.

When God opens the door, the changes would start to unveil one by one. This is when things started to move and there is a certain momentum. This is an exciting time of fulfillment in your life when you witness the power of His open doors and the manifestation of His promises. It's harvest time. The things that He told you in advance finally came to pass, one by one. When He opens the door of your heart's desire, you will feel so loved and so grateful. There is no time to wallow in past disappointments or pay attention to strongholds or distractions.

 There is just so much excitement in store and all your attention is caught up in preparing for the new things ahead. You can also be sure that even as a certain promise that you have been waiting for years has yet to be revealed, it doesn't mean that God has shut the door. It just means it is awaiting the appointed time to be revealed and the time is very very near. You know it in your heart because of the signs of the fig tree happening which are the events leading up to this open door.

In fact, at this stage, you are past caring when this door will open because you are pre-occupied with the new things God has done in your life. You know that as you get along with your daily chores, having the time of your life, this door will open unexpectedly. This is when you know you have truly gotten a breakthrough in this area, when you have totally let go of it that you become nonchalant about it. It has no power to grip your heart anymore...Christ has give you victory. You have finally overcome the age-old bondage. Rejoice and celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment