Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Won the grand prize!

Praise the Lord! I won cash at a Popular Draw on 21 Dec! When I received a call on 16 Dec that I was one of the shortlisted candidates, it was a surprise for me. But I already knew that it was a setup for blessing. God already prepared for me to receive the prize on Sunday. And so I was expectant and making preparation for this big day. I didn't think much of it during the week but I was shopping for nice clothes to wear on that day. It was also for the Christmas service but I told Heng and Joshua that I need to dress up for the event because I will be going up the stage. I already spoke as if I was going to win. I was a little excited the night before but my mind was caught up with a ministry issue. That morning I woke up wondering if I would be in time for the registration. Our church service would end around 2pm and I needed to be there by 2.30pm. It was quite tight.

Thank God I reached there in time to register though it was a bit rushed. When I reached there, I saw a super long queue and I wanted to give up. I was concerned that by the time I reached the registration counter, the staff would tell me that registration had closed because I was too late. I also thought about how my chances were so slim because there were so many people. 450 people were short listed to be exact. And only 9 winners. It was a mere 2% chance of winning. I was also feeling a bit lonely because Heng and Joshua could not join me. Joshua had to go for his piano lesson. But I knew that God has already prepared this blessing for me. It was waiting for me at the grand draw, so I had to be present to receive the prize.

Thank God I managed to register. But as I stood there waiting for the draw to begin, I felt like just another face in the crowd.  Doubts came to my mind: What made me think that I am so favored that I will win. What makes me so special from the rest of the people? When the draw started, there were already 5 winners and I wondered what if I didn't win. Wouldn't my preparation be in vain, would not it be a mockery? But I thought it would be not be a wasted trip. It would be good fun anyway. Well, as I stood there watching, God assured me that this blessing already has my name on it and no one can take it. It didn't matter who conducted the draw, they were just vessels. God's hand was the one drawing the cards.

The CEO got a little girl to conduct the draw for the sixth candidate and when the emcee said anyone with the surname Lee raise their hands, I knew I had a chance. When he said middle name is Mui, I already knew it was me! After he announced Lee Mui Choo, I calmly raised up my hand and walked to the stage. They confirmed my IC and there I was, a proud winner! I never won any big prize in lucky draws. The last one was more than 10 years ago. I didn't think I was the 'lucky' one. Heng was the one who always won prizes in such draws. And I recalled how the Lord was setting me up right from the start for I wanted to put Heng's name on the slip. But God told me to put my name instead. Now I know why. God wanted to bless me and me alone. Initially I felt like I was just a face in the crowd but it wasn't true.

Abraham and his family might look like any other family in pilgrim but what made Abraham special was that he heard the call of God on his life and he responded to it. Similarly I am like Abraham, truly special to God. I am not just a face in the crowd, I am very special. Handpicked by God. The favor of God is on my life and that makes me different from the crowd. This incident taught me to ignore what I feel or see, to walk in faith. When God said I am special, I am special. It didn't matter that I wasn't the tallest, most pretty or outstanding physically. All it matters is God is with me and He has chosen me.

This is really unearned, undeserved favor. I didn't earn it and it's a big surprise! To think that God could bless me with this! It was like God telling me He is rewarding me for my labour of love for the sheep for past three years. Wow! He is so good! I never expected any reward but He loves to bless me. Truly my due season has come. I now can be fully convinced that all good things come to the surface when harvest is here. What a blessed time is harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment