Saturday, April 21, 2018

WHAT PLEASES GOD?

Recently I was impressed upon this thought. What are our actions that will please God? I realised it when Joshua responded in a certain way and I felt very pleased. Then I remembered how God must have felt when I responded in the same way to Him.

For example, when Joshua asked me for advice for his science exam, like any tips for him, I was pleasantly surprised. Of course I was more than happy to share some tips with him. Then I saw that when we humble ourselves like a child and ask God for wisdom, He is very pleased with us. He never fails to answer me when I go to Him at the end of myself, saying 'Lord I don't know what to do but my eyes are on You.'

Another thing that pleases God is having a heart of thanksgiving. I am very pleased when Joshua shows appreciation for the things we do for him. Be it big or small like cooking a meal for him. I love it when I see his eyes sparkle when we plan a staycation for him or bring him on a holiday. I love to see him happy and giving thanks for the things we blessed him with.

God is so good. He always reminds me to do good to myself and to pamper myself. He isn't afraid that I will become a selfish spoilt brat. He knows I am not like that. He is very pleased when He sees me happy, enjoying my life, without having a care in this world. Just like any parent would do for their kids, God also loves to surprise me. He loves to hide certain things from me and then pop that surprise to see how I react.

I also noticed that God loves interaction or fellowship with us. Like when we ask Him questions or be bold with Him. Bible tells us that we have not because we ask not. Many of us may have placed obedience on a higher importance than fellowship so when God told us to do certain things, we dared not ask Him why. Actually we are not undermining His authority when we ask Him questions. Know that God isn't intimidated by our questions.

Joshua loves to ask questions. Although I cannot give him an answer all the time, I still encourage him to ask. It is through his questions that I understand how he thinks or feels about certain issue. Sometimes it would be hard to get him to talk when I ask him questions. But when he asks me questions, I will take the opportunity to also ask him certain things. It was more fun this way. More interaction.

I also think that God is pleased when we carry His heart. When we think of Him. Just like some of you, when a particular child does something really sweet for you, your heart will be endeared to that child though you love all your children the same. God really loves it when He sees the hunger in our hearts for His presence, more than anything else in the world. There is nothing He won't do for people who can tug at His heartstrings like that.

Another thing that pleases God is having a teachable spirit. It is ok to make mistakes but when God disciplines or corrects us, we have to be willing to accept it and change our mind. That is repentance. Not going to the other extreme of feeling so condemned and guilty about making that mistake. If that was the case, we would not be able to change our ways. I always tell Joshua I will not be too hard on him if he makes mistakes. But if he is stubborn about his ways, still thinks he is right and keeps arguing with me, I will be very upset. I told him I wanted him to have a teachable spirit. 

Last but not least, God is pleased when we give Him the glory. He is so good. He always gives us the credit when it is all Him. He first puts the desire in our hearts, then gives us the grace and strength to do the thing He placed on us. When the desire came to pass, He thanked us for doing it when it was all Him. I found it pleasing when I asked Joshua whether he thought it was his own smarts that got him the good grades and his answer was 'no, it wasn't my own smarts but God helping me and mummy coaching me.'


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for your encouragement! Recently I was also thinking about this too. Without faith it is impossible to please God. So just to add, faith also pleases God. When we trust Him to do what He promised, that is faith and that pleases God too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cash app login account is one of the most promising and easiest ways to send, spend, save and invest your money and it is the safest and free mobile banking app that is user-friendly too. It is a well-known peer-to-peer payment app that is formally known as Square cash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a great post. Concept In addition to spending time and effort
    writing great articles, I want to write that way. I procrastinate a lot and don't seem to do anything.
    spyhunter crack
    nitro pro crack
    deep freeze crack
    macrium reflect crack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic blog! What advice do you have for aspiring writers?
    I hope to start my page soon, but I am a bit
    lost in total. Would you suggest starting with
    a free platform like WordPress, or do you opt for the paid option? There are so many options that I am completely overwhelmed.
    Some suggestions? Thank you!
    live2d cubism pro crack
    wondershare recoverit crack
    restoro license-key
    outbyte pc repair crack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shoaib, I think you should just take a step of faith to just post your thoughts on a blog. You should use the free platform. WordPress is fine, or blogspot also will do. I don't think you need to pay for a platform for a start. Or you can also try posting on your Facebook or social media account. But in any case just get started to write your first post! Am sure the world is waiting for your contribution! God bless you!

      Delete
  5. Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete