Wednesday, September 30, 2020

THE MATRIX

Last night while praying in tongues I was impressed upon the word ‘Matrix’. I looked up the meaning and it says ‘the cultural, social or political environment in which something develops.’ And it comes from a Latin word called womb. A matrix is actually a womb. It is also the substance between cells or in which systems are embedded. 

Well the reason why I thought about matrix was how I realised over the last few months that we have been indoctrinated with the teachings of this world. It could be our upbringing, the culture and traditions that we grew up with. Plus our own life experiences. But these are not the truth. Only God’s word is truth. 

 

It takes a renewing of our minds to accept what God is trying to tell us (Romans 12:2). In the movie ‘The Matrix’, the red and blue pill was presented to Neo, the protagonist of the story. One pill could bring him to a rabbit hole of rude awakening to the world he lived in but that was the truth. If he took the blue pill he would return to a state of ignorant bliss. 

 

In The Matrix, Neo hears rumours of the Matrix and a mysterious man named Morpheus. Neo spends his nights at his home computer trying to discover the secret of the Matrix and what the Matrix is. Eventually, another hacker, Trinity, introduces Neo to Morpheus.


Morpheus explains to Neo that the Matrix is an illusory world created to prevent humans from discovering that they are slaves to an external influence. Holding out a capsule on each of his palms, he describes the choice facing Neo:

 

‘This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.’ 

 

As narrated, the blue pill will allow the subject to remain in the fabricated reality of the Matrix; the red serves as a "location device" to locate the subject's body in the real world and to prepare them to be "unplugged" from the Matrix. Once one chooses the red or blue pill, the choice is irrevocable.

 

This year I felt like I had taken the red pill because I had a rude awakening to the world I lived in. I was shocked to learn that what I thought about the world was not the case. There are so many hidden evils, injustices and discrimination even right in my own backyard. I might have been too naïve to believe what people tell me as I always look for the good. Yet God is telling me that things are not always what it seems to be. 

 

I wondered if it was good to be living in ignorant bliss so there would be less discomfort but I remembered Hosea 4:6 says ‘My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge’. Hence the dangers of choosing to remain in ignorance. What you don’t know could hurt you or burst your bubble. Would you rather be prepared or be caught by surprise like birds caught in the net? 

 

What then is the matrix in today’s context? Could it be the system we are unconsciously born into? Increasingly during this year I realised that we, even the believers could unknowingly be subjected to an external influence that we are not aware of. In recent months, we have heard of many conspiracy theories and the New World Order. At the apex of the evil is this organisation called Illuminati. I had to look up the internet for the definition.

 

“Illuminati" has referred to various organisations which have claimed or have been claimed to be connected to the original Bavarian Illuminati or similar secret societies, though these links have been unsubstantiated. These organisations have often been alleged to conspire to control world affairs, by masterminding events and planting agents in government and corporations, in order to gain political power and influence and to establish a New World Order. 

 

Central to some of the more widely known and elaborate conspiracy theories, the Illuminati have been depicted as lurking in the shadows and pulling the strings and levers of power in dozens of novels, films, television shows, comics, video games, and music videos. Although no one can truly verify if such secret organisations do exist, I am very sure the mastermind behind this New World order is the devil himself. 


Recent world events have opened my eyes to a reality that I never saw in my entire life. It was truly an awakening even for a mature believer like me. I might have been hoodwinked all this while. And yes I believe there is another world that we should be contending with. A system that is not flesh and blood but originating from the principalities and the dark powers of this earth. The spiritual world is very real whether we see it or not. 

 

I don’t want to give too much weight to the enemy but it suffice to bring a point across that there are more things going on in the world that we think. It is true that God is causing His people to awaken to current events in the world, to their lives and to the financial plan God has for His Kingdom. Those that are awakening during this time, who feel like their eyes are being opened to truth they haven't seen before, will feel led on their journey by God's prompting. 

 

For the past few months, I have been on a path of discovery I never thought I would be on, researching answers that I would never bother in the past. I never used to care about world affairs or politics but the Lord has been bringing such things to my attention. After all I see myself as a simple homemaker. Yet during this time He is accelerating the process and directing my path to discover revelation and truth. It is now time for the church to be awakened to His plan, and so He's making it possible. I was once comfortable in my complacency, apathetic to what was really going on around me.

 

And like in the movie ‘The Matrix’, this revelation is irrevocable. Once you see it, you cannot ‘unsee’ it so to speak. You cannot pretend that things are still the same and go back to your old ways. The purpose that God is revealing this truth about the world is so that I can have a response and play a part in the future. Right now I am still on the path of discovering the truth and what I am doing is to ask for more wisdom and revelation. The next step would be to partner with God to know how to pray for His kingdom coming on earth. To pray out His will on earth as it is in heaven.  Yes it had been an unnerving experience but truly the adventure of my life. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment