Monday, January 3, 2011

Finally Tendered My Resignation!

I finally tendered my letter of resignation on 30 Dec and my last day is 31 Jan 2011. What a sigh of relief when I finally submitted the letter to my boss! It seemed to take so long before I get to pass this letter to her. Afterall, I made the decision to leave in Oct 2010. So it has been 3 months since I waited to tender.

Actually, to be factually correct, I had waited for 2 years for this day to come. But when the day finally came, I had mixed feelings about leaving. On one hand, I am very happy and relieved to leave. On the other hand, I was quite sentimental...I thought of all those years I stayed in this organisation. As I passed by the reception counter, I could still remember coming here for my interview and observing the culture here which I really liked. It has since changed...everything felt so different now in my workplace.

But God told me there is nothing to feel emotional about. All it just means is that my season here has come to an end and I have finished the race well. Hence I need to move on.  In fact, God is the one who started a good work of restoration in me and He brought it to completion.

In 2004, when I left my previous organisation, I had just gone through a re-organisation as well. I didn't do well in that re-org but God was gracious to me. He quickly opened a way out for me to leave my organisation then. But the manner in which I left was not the best - I felt I left in shame and I couldn't lift my head high because my dept was condemned by my CEO then.

Little did I know that by bringing me here, God had set into motion a great plan of restoration in this workplace. And true enough, about 5 years later, He brought about another re-org here. But this time, my dept gained favour and was brought to the forefront. Besides, God planted wonderful, smart and capable bosses to guide me. As a result, I did much better in this re-org than the previous one, all glory to God!

And now as I leave this place, I can leave with my head lifted high, at the highest point of my career here. I can leave with joy and peace, with no regrets. God's work of restoration is now complete and I have to move on to greater heights. I am excited about what God is going to bring me to in my next season as I close this chapter of my life, knowing that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment