Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Our office moved!

Within a span of three weeks, I experienced two major moves in my life: my home and my office. You can imagine the amount of packing required...but anyway, thank God it is finally over and here I am at the new office site. It is not in the city and has quite rustic surroundings. I am not sure if I prefer this place but anyway it doesn't matter because I have only 8 days here.

But what I felt was interesting was the shift in the seasons - both in my own life and the life of this organisation. It was God's will for me that my next season is not here in this organisation and I am really happy to leave this place. Thank God that I have finished the race and completed this chapter of my working life well.

I remembered I wanted to leave so badly in end 2008 and early 2010. But I knew it was not the right timing to leave yet. So I asked God for strength to continue to sustain me while I pressed on in this place. Then suddenly in Sept 2010, the tide changed. Things happened very fast and here I am now, at the border of Kadesh Barnea (my promised land) in the next season.

Though there were persuasive attempts by my boss and my HR to work part-time and make me stay at least till Apr 2010 (for the bonus), I prayed about it and confirmed that God wanted me to move on now. I cannot explain why but in future, it will be made clear to me. Hence I continue to trust that God will restore to me the lost performance bonus and the maternity benefits. 

Yesterday when my hubby shared his promotion and the total bonus he would be getting, I was totally surprised. The bonus quantum was slightly more than the amount that my HR calculated to me that I would be giving up! It is so amazing! God proved to me that He has a thousand ways to repay what I have given up and I will in no way be shortchanged! Amen! Now I am really looking forward to the first day of my stay-home mum season!

No comments:

Post a Comment