Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Year of Unceasing Fruitfulness

Our Pastor preached a sermon at the start of this year which talked about the theme of this year: Unceasing Fruitfulness. He said that 11 is the biblical number of disorganisation so 2011 was a disorganised year but 12 is the biblical number of His divine order. Hence in 2012, everything will fall into place. He shared mainly from three passages in the bible:

Jeremiah 17:7-8 'Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.'

Psalm 1:3 'He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.'

Revelations 22:2  'In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore 12 fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.'

When God said we are like trees planted by the rivers, it means that He is planting us and taking care of us. We are the blessed man. A blessed man will not feel the pressure when it comes. We are hearing bad news about the world economy and the possibility of a bad year. But the blessed man need not worry because he will not cease from bearing fruit. Fruit is the outflow of life and that life comes from Jesus Christ. Not only that, God said in Revelations 22:2 that we will bear fruit every month of this year. Wow!

Personally I am very excited about the theme for this year because in Feb last year, the Lord led me to the river beside my condo and showed me the trees planted by the rivers.  He told me that I am like the tree planted by the rivers of water and I bring forth fruit this season (Psalm 1:3). I thank God that I already started to see some fruit in my life last year and the fruitfulness will continue this year. In fact, I am sure that I will see more fruit this year so that My Father will be glorified. I have come to the fullness stage or the harvest when I will bear much fruit.

The key to fruitfulness is in meditating the Word of God, like in Joshua 1:8 'you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous and you will have good success.' Meditate in Hebrew is hagah which is to utter or mutter, to speak under one's breath. So you can meditate anytime of the day, like saying 'I am a tree planted by the rivers of water...' If you can worry, you can meditate because you simply turn your attention to the Word of God instead of your problems.

My dear brothers and sisters, let it sink into your spirit that 2012 is a good year and God is preparing to manifest fruit in every area of your life. Keep your expectations and hopes high to receive all that the Lord has prepared for you this year! Be blessed exceedingly! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment