Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Celebrating One Year of Staying Home!

Last Saturday, my ex-colleague who stayed near me came for visitation. As we talked about our colleagues and the workplace, I suddenly realised how time flies! It's been one year since I left my workplace. I was really happy to find out that this colleague of mine has received Christ, was baptised and is now attending New Creation Church! I used to pray for her salvation and even tried talking to her about receiving Christ. But she kept saying she has no 'fate' with Christianity. She told me she nearly went through the Catholic baptism class. Well, God is so good...He has a thousand ways of reaching to her. It turned out that it was her sister who brought her to New Creation Church!

31 Jan 2011 was my last day of work and as I reflected on this past year of staying home, I must say that God is unfairly good to me! My ex-colleague asked me if I ever regreted leaving the company for she could tell that management had plans to groom me into a leader, I told her that I never regretted, never looked back ever since. I left in joy and peace because God was the One who led me out. Besides, I told her that God has greater plans for me in my future and I could achieve much more than if I stayed in the company.

During this period of 'locking' myself at home, God enlarged my vision and taught me to dream big dreams. He also revealed to me His future plans and they are really exciting. He trained my spiritual ears to hear from Him more clearly and to act on His prompting when He leads. Little by little, as I step out in faith, He showed me more revelations from the bible. He also used me mightily to give a Word in season to those who are weary. He empowered me to minister to the sick, the helpless and the depressed. In the course of ministering to brothers and sisters, I saw how much the Lord loved them. Sometimes you cannot feel or experience God's love for yourself but when God opens your eyes to see how much He loved others, you cannot help but see God's love for yourself.

Of course, some may be curious what I am doing at home. I would say that I spend a lot of time with God. I would have extended periods of quiet time with the Lord, either reading Christian books, reading bible, praying, listening to the Lord, journaling etc.  Then out of the overflow, I would blog and share about my revelations from the Lord and my experiences. I would also go through the last sermon that Pastor preached on Sunday and glean more nuggets of truth from there. In the course of the year, God gave me inspiration on my book 'Beauty Out of Ashes' and I have completed my manuscript! I have sent it to a publishing house for editorial review and I am now waiting for a reply. God will surely open doors.

In the afternoons, when Joshua is back from school, I will spend some time with him either playing, reading to him or doing some worksheets. (Of course I had time to do housework...) Sometimes I will bring him for a swim or to the library if he does not want to nap. It is really wonderful to have the time to stop and smell the flowers, look at the plants, birds and insects or feel the breeze. Joshua is a curious boy and he likes to study the nature. We would then talk about the plant or insects as we had read in the encyclopedias.

Yesterday as we were walking back from his school, Joshua asked me to stop and squat down. I thought he wanted to tell me something. But he did the sweetest thing. He came near to my face and rubbed his nose against mine and gave me a kiss. He told me he loved mummy. I was so touched that I nearly teared. This is God's reward for me, for staying home. I get to enjoy all the pearly moments with my children. If this is not days of heaven on earth, then what is?

Pastor Prince shared that love delights in feeding and taking care of the person. It's so true. Because I loved my son, I am happy to do everything for him, even menial tasks like preparing food, feeding him, bathing him, reading to him, doing homework with him, putting him to sleep.  Some people may say it is not the best use of my talents or my education but I think my son is worth it all. He is so precious. He is a gift from God. He has a divine destiny and I feel so privileged to have a part to play in his destiny. I thank God for making me a happy mother of children at home. This is truly my calling for this season of my life.

And as I continue to enjoy my days at home, I trust that God has given me another baby and this baby is manifesting really soon. I really look forward to sharing good news with all of you! Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment