Friday, February 17, 2012

A Tribute to Whitney Houston!

I felt that I needed to blog about the passing of Whitney Houston because this news evoked much emotions in my heart. Firstly, I hold high regards for Whitney Houston as a singer because she really have a great voice. I still remember her songs 'I Will Always Love You' and 'Run to You' from the movie "The Bodyguard" and many other wonderful songs.

Secondly, I realised that her death was probably a result of her tumultous personal life and her addiction to drugs. Like Elvis Presley, it was again another glorious life cut short because of drugs. Then I found out that her mum was a gospel singer and Whitney Houston was destined for greatness, having born in a musical family and a voice that touches men's hearts. I not only thought of how God has gifted her with such a great voice, I also believed God has given her a great divine destiny. She was probably meant to sing for God just like her mum.

Anyway, I believed she hit rock bottom last year when she not only lost her gift (her great voice), she had to go for drug rehabitation. Yet God is so good. The last song she sang the day before she died was "Jesus Loves Me'. It was like God reminding her that no matter how far she wandered, how much she had fallen, Jesus still loves her and will always love her. The epic song that she sang (I Will Always Love You) was actually God's love song to her! Well, I am sure that Whitney Houston is now in the loving hands of Jesus in heaven right now. She will be always remembered as the queen of pop, soul, rock and classical here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment