Friday, February 15, 2013

God's Shifts

One day while travelling, I was standing in one of the MRT cabins. Someone just left and I got a seat. Then I saw a mum and a small girl walk in, so I stood up to let them have my seat. I was standing in front of them and then I thought why not shift nearer to the door since there is a panel for me to lean against. From that place I saw a few more seats in the next cabin so I walked over to sit down.

There and then the Holy Spirit spoke to me. He said sometimes you cannot see the doors of opportunities if you stay put in one place. But when God moves you, it's like you have a new perspective and opportunities start opening up to you. These opportunities were out of your sight while you were at your former position. It's only when you moved that you saw them.

But the opportunities were there all the time. This reminds me of what Pastor Prince said...the potential was there all the time but it takes God to open our eyes and cause us to see those open doors. Sometimes it is waiting for the right season to manifest. This is the season. Now is the time! It's amazing as I thought about the move for me to serve at the Star and for Heng's office shift to another location.

These shifts were not coincidental but God-ordained. Surely God has more and better things in store for us at the new places. Those doors of opportunity which were not open or not in sight before were suddenly opened to us. Wow! I began to feel that when God tells us to shift, wonderful things are happening! God even told us to shift the furniture at our bedrooms for change is good for us. We would be able to see things we never saw before.

The enemy has been trying to get me to believe that I am still stuck at the same old place, with no progress. But it's not true. On the contrary, God said I have made so much progress that I cannot imagine. I have gone further than I think. God want my eyes to be opened to the fact that I am no longer circling the same mountain, that I have finally moved on. God is making a point that a change has occurred and I have come into His divine shifts. It has happened. I am no longer at the same old place. Everything has become new in my life.

I recall last Feb, the enemy also taunted me about things remaining the same even after God told me to 'arise and go' in Dec 2011. The enemy kept telling me that nothing has changed and I remembered feeling so blocked in all areas: ministry, book and childbearing. I felt so frustrated that nothing seemed to move in my life. But the fact was God told me things have changed and that something new was coming my way.

Indeed what God said proved to be true. In the same month things started to move, with an offer from a publishing house. Then early the next month, I signed a contract with Creation House. Afterwards things also moved regarding my ministry and in Apr 2012, I was already leading the CG. These areas were moving faster than I imagine. By mid July, I was already serving in the Prayer and Healing Room.

In Feb this year, when we sat at the front few rows in the Star, I saw that we have really progressed so much, so much that we could not imagine when we first stepped into this church. It was a big fat lie that the enemy was trying to feed me with: that I have not made any progress all these years. As we sat there worshipping at the Star, we marvelled that God had brought us so far...it is only by His grace that we can be where we are now. In Nov 2008, we were just visitors to this church. In July 2009, we had just crossed over to NCC and now, God has positioned us as leaders of this great church. If this is not the hand of God, what can it be? All glory to Jesus for He is the One who makes all this possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment