Friday, April 21, 2017

HOW GOD WORKS THINGS OUT FOR OUR GOOD

On Resurrection Sunday as I walked into church after leaving Joshua with Rock Kidz, I was greeted with a good report. It was a Rock Kidz teacher talking to me about Joshua. I did not know her but she knew Joshua. I was surprised because all these years I never had any Sunday School teacher approaching me to talk to me about Joshua. She lovingly said that Joshua is their treasure or 宝. She said he is a very obedient and good boy. I wasn't sure if she got the right boy so I asked her if he had been participative in class or responsive, she said yes of course. I told her that he was quite quiet in school. She assured me saying he wasn't quiet at all and told me not to worry. She then repeated that he is such a dear to the teachers. I was so happy to hear this and quickly told his daddy. His daddy was happy too.

After we picked Joshua up from Sunday School, I told Joshua what the teacher said and asked him if it was true that he was a dear to the teachers. Without a doubt, he said yes. He said it was because of his hand injury that the teachers took special care of him and hence all of them knew him. God really turned all things out for his good. I didn't even know about this until now. I remembered there was a time when he was smaller that I secretly wished the Sunday School teacher would give a good report about Joshua. I was hoping to receive comments that he was very obedient or that he had a special talent in drawing. But all these years I never heard anything from the teachers. After a while I forgot about this. But God never forgets. Though this good report about Joshua came as a surprise when I wasn't seeking it anymore, it brought to my mind this secret desire I had years ago. God is so good. All glory to Jesus! 

Romans 8:28 'We know that God works all things out for our good.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment