Monday, April 17, 2017

SEQUENCE OF THE MESSAGES I HEARD

I have been prompted to go on a word feast in end Feb. I was facing challenges and feeling fearful that time so God impressed upon me to go back to hearing the word of grace. Since then I plugged on to the 'Right Believing' MP3 by Pastor Prince and it became a daily routine for me to listen to his sermons before I slept. I wanted the last thoughts before I went to dream land to be about God and His word.

One night I was listening to Pastor Prince's sermon and he talked about the Father's love for us. Then it occurred to me there was a sequence for hearing the sermons. Not that I planned it but God did. I started with listening to messages like winning the battle for your mind. God was addressing the root cause of condemnation which led to fear in my life. He was teaching me truths about the enemy's work and about spiritual warfare in today's context. I was to rest in the finished work of Jesus as God increased my righteousness consciousness in Christ.

After that I went on to listen to messages about God's complete forgiveness. This was important because my heart had to be established in His righteousness so that the devil cannot have a foothold in my life. When I know how much God has forgiven me, I don't have to beat myself up. Then I went on to listen to messages about being free from self-righteousness, how it was painful to be always so self-occupied for in our flesh dwells no good thing.

I was reminded of how to turn my eyes away from the storm in the midst of it and look to Jesus. As tough as it was I learnt to look away from the natural circumstances, even lying symptoms and focused on Christ's finished work. As I behold Jesus, something happens to me, I am transformed from glory to glory. I also begin to see what God sees as reality. The word of God became more real to me than the circumstances.

Finally I came to the part of his teaching about the Father's love. About how being conscious of His perfect love driving out all fears. God was slowly replacing the negative cycles of condemnation, fears, failures, disappointments with His cycle of love. He continued to flood me with messages about being His beloved. Good things happen to those who are conscious of the Father's love. There is protection and intimacy in His love. It is like being in the shadow of His wings.

I then realised that it is the Father's love that causes us to win the fight of life. It takes a David, God's beloved to defeat Goliath. God was teaching me to go on the offensive, after the root cause of condemnation had been destroyed, after being established in a righteousness that comes from Jesus, after l learnt to put my eyes on His finished work instead of my circumstances and lastly being conscious of the Father's love for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment