Tuesday, April 25, 2017

REV MARCUS LAMB'S SERMON

It's affirmative that we have crossed over to a new season. Truly this is great reason to celebrate because it meant that our wilderness season had come to an end. The tough times are over and we are coming into a broad place. A new beginning has already started and I am already seeing signs of it everywhere. 

I am very moved by what Rev Marcus Lamb shared in last Sunday's service. In fact because of this sermon I went back to listen to what he said on 19 Nov 2014, when he last came to our church. He said it was the first time he came to Singapore. We didn't attend his service back then. It was a midweek service. Well I felt that there must be some significance to his second visit here. God is pointing to us about some prophetic timelines. I cannot forget the date because those few days, in fact, that year itself was a tough year for us and our church. About how more members passed on that year than before. 

Like one sister mentioned, some of our pastors might already started facing their giants in 2013. I think so too. Well, as I looked at my own journals I saw that the Lord has been talking about crossing Jordan and facing the giants in Jul 2014. It also hadn't been an easy time for me during Oct/Nov 2013. But I knew I hadn't started facing my giants yet, not until Jul 2014, after I went on my ministry sabbatical. 

So when I heard that Rev Marcus Lamb was coming to preach this year, I was reminded of the last time he came. I asked God what wad the significance of his appearance now and I knew the key would be in the message he preached on Sunday. So I was all ears. At that time I haven't heard Rev Lamb's sermon on 19 Nov 2014 so I didn't catch his prophetic word to Pastor and our church. Just now I did, when I watched the sermon.
  
'If the Lord delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which flows with milk and honey. Only rebel not ye against the Lord, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defense is departed from them, and the Lord is with us: fear them not.' Numbers 14:8-9 KJV

After this verse, Rev Lamb spoke about these verses for our church.

'Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.' 2 Chronicles 32:7-8 KJV

Here is a transcription of what Rev Lamb said on 19 Nov 2014 -
“I say to you New Creation Church, how much more in this day and hour, should we rest in word of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. It’s time for some of you to quit trying to fighting some of your own battles, quit trying to solve your own problems, quit trying to answer your own questions. But let Jesus rise up big in you and be the captain of your salvation and your mighty conquering king.”

Now what I saw when I read this again, in the light of his recent sermon was this. At that time in Nov 2014, Pastor Prince and our church was probably at the verge of crossing Jordan and we were about to face giants in the land. That prophetic word was meant to encourage Pastor and our church to rest in the Lord. We didn't know what it truly meant back then because Pastor seldom preaches about inheritance, possessing our possessions and facing our giants in previous years. It was on 10 Aug 2014 that I first heard Pastor preach about our inheritance. 

But with the hindsight of time passing, I could see the picture clearer. 2015 was a year of restoration. There was a temporary window of reprieve before the real battle began in 2016. The Lord was already teaching us to rest in the Lord for restoration and even more so when we crossed over to the promised land. Now I take heart that today Rev Lamb's message has progressed to the timeline after Jericho was conquered. To the point where Rahab told the spies to save her family and the red scarlet rope will be the sign. And true enough only her family was spared because of the blood of Jesus.

At the start of 2017, Pastor said we are already in the seventh day of circling Jericho. But I couldn't be sure which round are we at. But after Resurrection Sunday and the Passover Feast, it became clear to me that we have completed the seven rounds. The ram's horn was sounded on Resurrection Sunday and the walls of Jericho came crumbling down in the background. Victory has been wrought! Praise God for we had crossed over to a new season of abundance! 

The other interesting thing was Rev Lamb also preached about Deuteronomy 6:6-8. 'And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as front lets between your eyes.' Now these are the verses which the Lord commanded to teach the Israelites that they may observe them in the land they are crossing over to possess. So that they may fear the Lord and keep His commands that it may be well with them and their children.

So I asked myself at which point would such verses be timely or appropriate…is it during the conquest or after that? In the midst of the conquest of the promised land, the Israelites would be too busy fighting the giants to have the time and energy to teach their children right? But it was after they conquered majority of the land and God gave them rest from their enemies that such verses became more relevant. Now the war was over and they had peace. They entered their inheritance so what was next? The next important thing to do was to tell their children about the Lord and the marvellous works He had done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment