Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Future Generation of Believers

Bible says in Isaiah 54:13 'All your children will be taught by the Lord and great shall be the peace of your children.' A few years ago, the Lord has already shown me this verse and I believe it. That was when Joshua was very small. Today I am beginning to see the manifestation of this promise in Joshua's life. It is really amazing that Joshua has a spirit of wisdom and understanding beyond his age. (He is only five years old). I believe that he is taught by the Lord otherwise I really don't know where he could have picked up those ideas.

Last night I was chatting with Joshua before bedtime. I told him I would like my life to be a love letter from God. I want people to see Jesus when they see my life. Joshua asked how do people see Jesus in my life. I explained that because Jesus lives in me, people will see Jesus in my life. As Christ is, so am I in this world. Joshua replied that Jesus also lives in him and in all the children in Sunday School. I told him that his generation will be one that will rise up and do great things for the Lord in future. Then he asked 'How about the people in other countries who do not know Jesus?' I was taken aback when I heard that. He actually has a heart for the lost!

I told him 'So God will send you all to these people to tell them about Jesus.' Joshua exclaimed 'I know! You can take the bible to them and tell them about the stories in the bible. Then they will come to know Jesus.' I thought he was saying he and his future generation will evangelise about Jesus but that was not what he meant. He was referring to me! So I asked him 'How about you?' Joshua replied 'You tell them about Jesus. I sit there and listen.' Wow! What a profound statement! I asked Joshua where did he learn all these from - sunday school or childcare centre? He said 'God taught me that.'

Our children are actually watching what we do. Just like how Jesus did everything because He saw His Father do it! In fact, as God calls us into ministry work again, I realised that this time it will impact Joshua's life because he is seeing how mummy and daddy minister to people. He is at the age he could understand what is going on. Now he watches his parents and emulate our example; in future he will do like we do and at that time, we will watch him. Wow! What a revelation! This young generation is truly blessed by God! I really feel so privileged to be able to partner God in bringing up these precious children of God!   

No comments:

Post a Comment