Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Responding to the leading of the Holy Spirit

I had this desire to lay hands and pray for the sick a couple of months ago. The desire was very strong during one Sunday service I attended. I saw a man in wheelchair and he had tubes in his nose. When I saw him, I was filled with the compassion of Jesus. I knew God wanted me to lay hands on him and pray for him. God had already healed him and his healing manifestation would come forth soon.

However, I did not step out to pray for him because of my fears and concerns 'What if I prayed and nothing happens? Is it appropriate for me, just a lay person to go forth and pray for him? Would it disrupt the order of the church since there are pastors and leaders who can pray for the sick?' And so, I left the service without responding to the prompting of the Lord. But I really felt that I had passed up an opportunity to be a blessing to that man. It may not mean a lot to me but the man may be waiting for a touch from God. God so loved him and told me that he really does not need to be in that condition for another moment because Christ had already healed him.

And so, I told God 'Lord, the next time you call me to lay hands and pray for the sick, I will immediately step out in faith!' I was waiting and watching for such opportunities for about 2 months. Then God 'activated' me last Sunday. We were in the church service when I saw a lady with something that looked like mumps on her left cheek. She was alone but she seemed quite distracted, walking in and out of the service. When I saw her, I knew God wanted me to lay hands on her and pray for her. Then her mumps will disappear. I told God 'Lord, if it's really your will, You create the right opportunity for me to pray for her, please!'

Before the service ended, I saw her walking out of church and I thought 'Oh no! How do I find her?' All this while I didn't share with Heng but he actually suggested that we leave earlier that day. Usually we will wait for Pastor's benediction before we leave. And so, God arranged for me to 'spot' this lady at the place where we pick Joshua up after Sunday school. When I saw her, I was so happy because I thought I had lost her! I don't know when I will ever see her again so I mustered up my courage to step forward to ask her about her condition.

She said there is a lump on her left cheek and it has been many years. Even the doctors could not tell her what it was. I told her 'It's ok. We don't need to know what it is. We just need to know it has a name and every name has to bow down at the Name of Jesus.' Then I laid my hands on her cheek and prayed for her. After praying I opened my eyes and saw there were tears in her eyes. I told her that her manifestation will come very soon and when she has fully recovered, she will know that Jesus has healed her. At that time, she will give glory and praise to Jesus, her Healer. Before I left, I felt such great love for her, I hugged her and told her 'God loves you.'

Wow! What an amazing experience! It was really a breakthrough for me because once I had taken the first step, I knew it really was not so daunting to step out in faith after all! God will give me the words and most importantly, I don't need to worry if the healing takes place. Afterall, it is God who heals, not me! I just step out in faith to what He calls me to...that's my part! I really thank God for this opportunity. It meant so much to me. It was like a burden released! I was quite regretful that I did not step out to pray for the man but God gave me a second chance!

So, dear friends, if the Lord prompts you to do something...like give a friend a call or send an sms, don't wait. Just act on His prompting. It may not mean much to you but you never know how much it will mean to the other person. After you have stepped out in faith, you will know how great a blessing you have been and both of you will give glory to the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment