Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Praying for your children's health

Today I just wanted to share my experience with those mothers with young children. Children are a gift from God and they are given to us to enjoy. However, the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy but Christ came to give us life more abundantly. It is God's will for all of us to enjoy good health. Exodus 23:25 says 'You shall worship the Lord your God and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take away sickness away from the midst of you.'

But the reality is that sometimes our babies or small children fall sick quite often. As mothers, it can be very tiring to take care of them when they are sick and sometimes we end up falling sick after they recover. Then the virus would spread to them again and the vicious cycle starts. At times, it would seem that there is no end to it. I can identify with the feelings of helplessness because I went through it. Yet it really doesn't help me when parents around me tell me that this is part and parcel of parenting. Almost as if I would feel much better if I accept such sicknesses as a norm and move on.

I refused to take in what people tell me, no matter how much I respect them. I go to the Word of God. When I found Exodus 23:25, I was elated! Because God has shown me His will very clearly. We don't have to live the way Gentiles live. We are children of the Most High God and there is a higher way to live. God wants us to live in victory over sicknesses because of what Jesus has done on the cross.

So I told myself I am not about to be daunted by what I see. No doubt after this revelation, sometimes Joshua still fell sick and I also fell sick. I refused to be discouraged and give up on God's promise about healing and walking in divine health. I know God was building up my faith. Each time we fell sick, I would confess God's supernatural healing and we really recovered faster.

Over the years, God taught me to operate on a higher faith level - to walk in divine health. I came to a point when I see the symptoms of the sickness (flu or sore throat) coming on me or Joshua and I would pray and bind the spirit of infirmity in the Name of Jesus. I would lay hands on Joshua and pray for the sickness to depart from his body in the Name of Jesus. Sometime the manifestation of the healing came after a few days but I noticed recently that the healing has been coming forth sooner than before.

For example early this month, Joshua was sent home from school because the teachers noticed two uclers in his mouth and they were not sure if it was Hand Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD). Joshua had suffered much under that disease last year and I was quite tramatised by it. However, this time, the Word takes precedence over the fears in my heart and I can confess that I have dominion over this sickness, not the other way round. I command the symptoms to leave his body in the Name of Jesus. I say HFMD, you have to bow down to the Name of Jesus. I thank God that by the end of the day, his ulcers really disappeared and he could go back to school the next day.

One important thing I learnt was that after you believed and confessed God's word, stop looking at the natural. Stop checking on the symptoms once in while. I know it is difficult to focus on the Word when your baby is screaming or in pain. Yet, we can tell ourselves that the natural circumstances will have to line up according to God's Word eventually. This too shall pass.

I like to encourage mothers to search the scriptures on what God has to say about healing and to exercise your faith by laying hands on your child when they are sick. Even if they should take medication, we can also confess that with this medicine, God will grant my child supernatural healing. You may need to persevere on God's word before you see results but I can assure you that the results will surely come. God's Word will not return to Him void (Isa 55:11).

Afterall, it is His will for you to enjoy days of heaven on earth but how could we enjoy parenting when our children are not healthy and strong most of the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment