Monday, September 19, 2011

Finished writing my book!

I started writing my book in Mar this year. The progress was quite slow initially as I only wrote one or two chapters when I felt inspired by the Holy Spirit. I did not feel the urgency or the need to hurry. But only recently, after I had completed the re-tracing of my journey for the past few years, I suddenly felt the urgency to concentrate on writing the rest of the chapters.

In fact, I should say that I felt the anointing of God while I wrote the chapters. There was a flow and a certain momentum that I could just keep on writing. And before I knew it, I was already at the last chapter of my book. Even though my book was a short one, the process of writing was nevertheless not easy. Indeed like Max Lucado said, writing a book is much like running a long race. There is the initial burst of enthusiasm, then the sags of energy. You give serious thought to giving up but then a chapter will surprise you with a downhill slope or an idea will inspire you.

But towards the end, with the finish line in sight, I want to finish strong, like how I closed each chapter of my life for the past three years. I think the final chapter was the most challenging as I was digging for a stronger conclusion. As I finished writing this last chapter, I was really excited! I felt like a mother who just gave birth to a baby!

On one hand, I wanted to shout and share my joy with the rest of the world. On the other hand, I wanted to enjoy a quiet moment with God, relishing in the sweet satisfaction of a task completed. As I read through my book, I really felt the anointing of God on it and believed that God would use my testimony to bless many others. In His grace, God even gave me a title for this book.

I know there is still some way ahead of me...in terms of editing and finding a publisher. But at this point, I really do not want to think so far. I am committing the path ahead to my Lord. Since God was the one who put this desire and anointed me to finish writing this book, I trust that He would open the right doors and place the right people to guide me in publishing this book.

Dear friends, if you have any experience in publishing a book or know how to go about it, I would greatly appreciate your advice on this. Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment