Friday, September 16, 2011

God's Timing for Your Life (Part II)

Today I am going to blog about the characteristics of God's divine shift so that we would better understand the nature of God's work in changing seasons and be ready when the shift comes.

Features of God's divine shifts:
  • God often waits until the last moment to move. Like how the Red Sea opened up just before the Eygptian armies closed in on the Israelites, I once asked God why He waited till then to act. His reply was that He may gain glory for Himself and the Gentiles come to know that He is God.
  • When God moves, things happen quickly. The next generation of Israelites waited for 40 years to possess the Promised Land. Suddenly God came to Joshua and said in 3 days' time, they were to cross the Jordan. (Joshua 1:11) When God says 'Time to move!' it is decision time very quickly. Often there is an urgency to the move maybe because if we have too much time to think about it, we might mess things up.
  • When God begins to do something new, it is usually something hidden. He often keeps it a secret until the last minute. God likes to surprise us and bless us beyond what we can ask or imagine. In our human minds, we envision how things should occur but when it does not happen that way, we can become confused, frustrated and question everything. That is the time when we become the most vulnerable. Bear in mind that God will do things in ways we really did not anticipate but we must trust Him and be flexible to cooperate with Him.
  • Even though you have been waiting for a long time (chronos season), do not think that you will be stuck with waiting. We need to be prepared to change when God says He is bringing the divine shift. We have to move with Him or else we will miss it. We need to fan into flames the Spirit of faith. And when God says it is time to move forward, there will be steps of faith needed from us. It is important to obey the Lord and do it quickly. He knows how things must be done and though we may not understand it now, it is crucial that we do it His way.
In my experience of waiting, I know how easy it was to be discouraged and become so disillusioned to the point of giving up on God's promise. Proverbs 13:12 says 'Hope deferred makes the heart sick.' Because I was so passionate about God's promises and I had been crying out to God for years, I often struggled with hope deferred and disillusionment. As I was believing for a miracle in my life, I am more likely to experience hope deferred than someone who does not expect anything to happen.

However, I remind myself that a long time is not forever and this too shall pass. I must be careful not to lose my expectation as I go through the chronos season. I cannot shift the times and seasons; only God can. But I can cooperate with Him and be faithful during the chronos and trust Him to bring me to the kairos and to the fullness stage. I can keep myself positioned properly so that I will be ready to move when He says so.  In time to come, He did shift the seasons and moved me quickly to kairos.

No comments:

Post a Comment