Monday, March 12, 2012

Secure in God's Love

On Saturday, we celebrated my dad's birthday and at the restaurant, my youngest brother said he bought something for Aloysius, Joshua's cousin. It was a box of big lego blocks. Actually he bought an extra set to put in my mum's place so that the two boys would not quarrel over one box (I cannot understand why kids cannot share!) But when Joshua heard that the present was for Aloysius only and he had none, I could see that he was disappointed. Yet he did not ask 'What about me?' Then we explained that the present was for both of them to share and play in Grandma's house. He felt better.

Last night we were having dinner at my in-laws' place. My brother-in-law had just bought his son an iPad 2 which cost $600 and they brought it over to play. My mother-in-law was really nice...she kept asking if we wanted to buy an iPad for Joshua as she could sponsor the gift. But I politely declined for I said there was really no need for him to play with an iPad. I was concerned that Joshua would also ask for an iPad 2 since his cousin had one. My brother-in-law even told Joshua to ask Daddy to buy a similar one for him.

But I was surprised with Joshua's reaction. He did not seem so interested in the iPad and he did not ask to buy one. Though he liked to watch YouTube and play games in my iPhone, he did not say he wanted the iPad. I asked him whether he is envious of his cousin having an iPad, he said no. I was not convinced that he was not attracted to the iPad so I asked if he needed to buy one, he said no need. Wow! I was amazed because usually for kids of his age (5 years plus) they will want to have what others have.

I really thank God that He made Joshua so secure in His love. Joshua is not easily envious or jealous because other kids have toys that he don't. He knows he is already very blessed by the Lord and understands that his parents will not withhold good things from him. He is really set apart for the Lord and it shows in his character even at such a young age. This is taught by the Lord Himself...I cannot claim any credit for it. All glory to Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment