Monday, March 19, 2012

Who to believe?

I was having a chat with Joshua last night before we slept. He told me there was one time when he felt throat pains and that caused him to have headaches. He never complained of headaches before. He said that the germs told him he is having a sore throat and very bad headaches. At one point he even said he wanted to go hospital to take a x-ray to find out what was wrong with his head. I bind the fear in the name of Jesus and I told him nothing was wrong with him because by Jesus' stripes, he was already healed. That was some time ago.

Last night he told me that at that time, the germs told him 'Believe me!' and God told him 'Believe me!'. He was hearing these two conflicting voices and he was confused. He did not know who to believe. So I asked him what happened in the end. He said, in the end, Jesus came with the pistol and shoot down all the germs. All the germs died and his fears left and he said 'Amen!'

I told Joshua that God showed me how to deal with confusing voices. When the enemy throws darts or accusations or plant doubts regarding God's word, sometimes I will also get confused. But one thing I am very clear about is this: Jesus Christ is the One who died for me and God is the One who loved me so much to send His only Son to die for me.  I told Joshua that the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus came to give us life more abundantly (John 10:10).

And so, the next time the enemy tells me to believe him, I asked him 'Did you die for me on the cross? Can you die for me on the cross like how Jesus died? When you can, then come and talk to me. If not, buzz off!' The enemy will always be silenced because he can never do that for me. I then told Joshua that the next time the germs start talking to you, tell the germs to shut up and go away in the name of Jesus! Joshua said a resounding 'Amen!'

No comments:

Post a Comment