Friday, December 21, 2012

God is doing a new thing!

Recently I have been feeling that God is doing a new thing...it was no coincidence that from the various devotionals I read, God has been showing me this message. Isaiah 43:19 'Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it?' and Isaiah 42:8-9 'Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; before they spring forth, I tell you of them.' In fact, over the past two months, I have come across this message 17 times and in a few occasions, two different devotionals talked about the same message on the same day! Now there are millions of verses in the bible, what do you think are the chances of the same verse appearing repeatedly?

Obviously God is putting this message across strongly. When I first read about it in late Oct, my spirit was excited. At that time, I sensed the Lord dealing with me about my past. He kept telling me to let go of the past, whether it be past friendships or past hurts and disappointments. He called these 'baggages' and in the future that He is bringing me to, there is no room for 'baggages'. It was certainly not easy to let go of these, especially when I am a sentimental person. I was emotional when we left our old church and when I left my old workplace.

But I knew at some point I had to let go of the baggage. I need to move on and be prepared to shift when God calls. I know from experience that when God tells me to let go of the past, it is because he wants me to make room for the new things He is doing in my life. If I do not let go of the past and move forward, how then can I walk to the glorious future that God has prepared for me? Then when I looked back, I suddenly realised that these old things are really no more...there is no way I can go back the same way anymore. If that is so, why do I keep lingering on these old memories? Since I do not want to be stuck in my past, the only way is to keep moving forward. Actually I should be rejoicing when God gave me this message repeatedly because it meant that I need not circle the same mountain year after year...I can finally move on.

I was looking forward to the new things God is doing in my life, yet on the surface, it did not seem like anything has changed. But as time went on, God kept reinforcing that message. He even said we have talked so much about letting go of the past, yet He did not want me to treat what He is about to say lightly just because I have heard it so many times. He told me He is doing and He will do a new thing in my life and in the lives of those I love. And then one day, it seemed like a coin dropped into my spirit. God began to open my eyes to see the new things He is doing. For one, our church moving to The Star is one big new thing God is doing. Since my divine destiny is closely intertwined with the church's destiny, it also means that I am crossing over to my promised land.

The other new thing was a new idea of a science fiction novel that the Lord planted in my mind. I have the outline of the novel written out and I have also begun to write the first chapter. I do not know how long it would take for me to complete or how I am going to develop the plot, all I know is when the Lord puts an idea in my mind, it is as good as completed. The last time He gave me an idea to write a book in July 2010, my first book was birthed in July 2012. It was amazing because I could see His fingerprints all over my book. And now, He has given me a new assignment for my second book. This idea is something out of the world because I really have no idea how to write a novel, let alone a sci-fi novel. But thank God it is not about me, it is all about Jesus! He will give me the anointing to write!

God also showed me that he is doing a new thing in our family life. I already know a chapter of Joshua's life has closed with his Kindergarten graduation and he is starting a new chapter in his primary school. But what I do not know is the wonderful things ahead that God has prepared for Joshua to enjoy. And these things are unfolding as time goes. God is also showing me that He is bringing new life into our family next year, meaning that there will be a new addition to our family. He revealed that I will be a happy mother of children at home. I am already a happy mother of a child at home...the Lord is adding to me children. Of course I am looking forward to that because I have been waiting for this moment for years!

I have always wanted the age gap between Joshua and his sibling to be four to five years but it seems that God has seven years in mind. He told me 7 in the bible is the number of perfection and the number of completion, like God is represented by the number 7 and God made the world in 7 days. Anyhow, God said that seven years of age gap is His perfect timing for our family. I trust that God has the best interests for me and more importantly, I am just too happy to know that the years of waiting and struggling to see this promise of another child come to pass has finally come to an end. I am so looking forward to 2013 and the new things God is doing in my life! Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment