Monday, December 31, 2012

Review of 2012 - Year of Unceasing Fruitfulness

Before the turn of 2012, the Lord told me not to be afraid of 2012 for it is a very good year, my best year yet. This is a year when many things fall into place and dreams start manifesting. The church theme for 2012 is the Year of Unceasing Fruitfulness and our anchor verses are Jeremiah 17:7 and Psalm 1:3. I have been meditating on these verses, confessing that I am like a tree planted by the rivers of water and I bear fruit this season. Indeed I have seen many fruits manifesting from my life this year.

One of the most significant fruits was that God caused my first book to be published and launched this year. It was a spectacular achievement because it was purely God's grace since I knew nothing about the publishing world. If God had not opened doors and made it possible for me to publish, this book would have still remained as a manuscript today. The other marvellous thing that the Lord has done for me this year was my appointment as a caregroup leader. This may seem like a small step to others but I certainly do not take this appointment for granted. I know that many people are so keen to serve as a leader in this great church. It is my privilege indeed. I feel so blessed to sit under the training of anointed pastors of this church and to fellowship with other fellow leaders.

With this leadership appointment, I was also scheduled to serve in the Prayer and Healing Room every Sunday. This ministry is such a great blessing to me. I thank God that His anointing on my life has multiplied especially after I started serving in the Prayer and Healing Room. I witnessed the healing power of God, the great love that our Father has for His children and I also realised how blessed I already am. Serving the congregation takes my eyes off myself and onto Jesus. Many times I felt that serving saves me. The Lord has been preparing me to serve in this capacity since last July as He put desires in my heart to lay hands and pray for the sick. I also thank God that Heng is so supportive of my serving and helps to take care of Joshua when I serve on Sundays.

The other fulfilling fruit that I saw was in Joshua's development - spiritual and intellectual. I thank God that he has received the gift of tongues and whenever I did not feel well, we would pray in tongues. He would also put anointing oil on me and lay hands on me. He is very sensitive to my needs and understands if I need time with the Lord, he will play by himself. Joshua has grown so much closer to me in these two years of bonding with him. I thank God for the time spent with him (swimming, going to library, bringing him to the playground, shopping etc) for these are pearly moments. He may be still a small boy now, sticky and reliant on me but he will one day grow to be a teen. By then I will look back and relish this season of my life that I spent with him.   

In the area of my caregroup ministry, I also witnessed breakthroughs in some of my members' lives. We have seen the Holy Spirit moving strongly in the CG meetings as we laid hands and prayed for members. It was truly amazing! Not only that, the Lord has also brought a few newcomers to our CG. He is prospering and multiplying our CG. Heng's worship anointing has also increased tremendously this year as he stepped out to worship lead. I am also heartened to see that some of my members stepping out in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit like prophesying, tongues, gifts of healing etc. The end result is that the body of Christ is edified.

In my personal life, I have grown in intimacy with the Lord and I have learnt to listen to His still, small voice. When I stepped out in response to the leading of the Holy Spirit, I found out that whatever He told me (whether it was about myself, others or a certain situation) turned out to be true all the time. I have received many revelations from the Lord this year and He now speaks to me plainly and clearly. Though there was increased spiritual resistance and things happening that tried to steal my joy and peace, I still thank God that He never fails to encourage me, strengthen my faith and restore me to my position of rest. Looking back, I realised I have grown much through the testings, the unfair situations and adverse circumstances.

Above all, I thank God that He has increased my revelation of His great love for me and also how He views me as precious, apple of His eye, shining diamond, His princess and much more. This is truly a year of unceasing fruitfulness. I saw many fruits manifesting in my life, my dreams come true and the Lord's goodness in my life. I am excited about the coming year 2013 because it is going to be a year of His explosive blessings. God is a progressive God. He always outdo Himself each year. I declare that 2013 will be my best year yet! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment