Friday, December 21, 2012

Joshua's Graduation Concert

This month we attended Joshua's last preschool concert and his graduation ceremony from Kindergarten as well. It was really a milestone in his life as we see him donned in the kids' graduation gown with the mortar. I felt as if our little boy has grown up and next year he will be in primary one. A season of his life has ended and a new chapter has begun for him. In more than a week's time, he will be attending first day at his primary school. I am somewhat anxious for him because I know he will miss his classmates in preschool. But I entrust him to the Lord, knowing that he will make more friends and enjoy his learning more in primary school.

Well, on that day of his concert, just before the graduation ceremony begun, I was informed that Joshua had a tummyache and he was crying because it hurt so much. How I wish I could fly to the backstage, lay my hands on his tummy and pray for healing...but I could not. But thank God my mum is a childcare teacher in his preschool so she could pray for him and rubbed some ointment on his tummy. Thank God he was well enough to go out and take his graduation certificate, as well as stand through the ceremony. I knew he was still not feeling totally well because he kept shifting his weight from right to left. Afterwards I learnt from him that he did that to alleviate the pain since he could not squat down.

I prayed and asked God to heal him completely so that he can enjoy performing for his concert. There were still two dance items that his class had to perform. When I next saw him on the stage again, dressed in his dance costume, he looked fine to me. Indeed he was able to dance and perform well...hence I believe he is completely healed. For the second dance item, I caught his eye and signalled to ask if he is good, he gave me the thumbs up sign. I was really relieved and thankful to God! I did not know whether it was because he had stage fright that resulted in the stomachache or ate the wrong thing...but Joshua told me afterwards that he went to the toilet after the graduation ceremony and he felt much better after that. Thank God that at least Joshua could enjoy his last concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment