Thursday, January 10, 2013

Right place, right time

Have you ever noticed that no matter how you plead with God, when it is not your time yet, the door will not be opened? You may be frustrated because He is not answering your prayers the way you wanted. For years, I have struggled and wrestled with God over the timing issue of my pregnancy. I kept asking Him to let me conceive soon not knowing that my time has not yet come. But He is so merciful. He never once told me that I got to wait a long time more or even reveal the appointed time of my second child. He knew I would not be able to wait that long and my heart would be so in despair. It was only when the fullness of time has come that He revealed the appointed time.

I thank God on hindsight for not opening that door of my pregnancy then because I knew I might be taking a very different path had I been so preoccupied with my kids at that time. Well, God is sovereign and He still has His ways to realign me to His plan, I am sure but that would not be His best for me. I might have to make a detour and take more time to step into my divine destiny. Yet bible tells us to ask God to teach us to number our days because our time is short. I really do not wish to waste any precious moment not being in the perfect will of God.

On hindsight I saw that I have asked an irrelevant question regarding the timing issue. For years God had been trying to tell me it is not a timing issue (though there is an appointed time for my pregnancy) but a greater plan is at stake. Now I see it...it has to do with my divine destiny, His perfect plan for my life. God is timeless, He lives outside of time, so He does not work according to the confines of time. Instead, I learnt that the fulfillment of His plan involves the sequential occurrence of certain events in our lives. The fullness of time refers to how certain things must happen before others can take place. Hence you will find that some visions or desires will come to fullness before others and these will in turn become the building blocks for your next dream or vision.

To God, He doesn't see or regard the time taken for these events to take place. All He sees is that these milestones have to be completed before the appointed time can come. I also realize that location is very important in His plan. Did you notice that right place comes before right time? God created places before He made man. There is a designated place for every of His creature to flourish like fish in the water, birds in the air etc. When you are in the wrong place, there can be no such thing as the right time. Only when God puts you at the right place, then the right time for your manifestation will come. When you are nearing the destination, you will find things moving faster, things falling into place and supernatural doors opening to you. These are doors that could be shut for a long while. Suddenly you find them opening to you effortlessly.

Pastor Mathews commented that crossing over to the Star is like stepping through an open door to a brand new world. For the past three services, our church attendance has increased by 40%! And there was nothing we did to bring about the increase. God was the One who gave us the exponential increase. It was like we had crossed over to another portal, another dimension with the snap of the fingers. No wonder Pastor Prince kept saying he still cannot believe that our church has finally reached the Star after five years. It is truly amazing! Obviously this place is the designated destination that The Lord had in mind for our church. So when we stepped into it, God is able to cause an avalanche of blessings to flow into our lives just like open heavens.

Some of us has experienced how when we 'ran ahead' of His time, getting impatient with His timing, taking things into our hand and rushing things, our dreams are like houses built on shifting sands. When the shaking comes, everything goes. Hence all things, all promises including His people must be allowed to go through the proper process in order to be fully developed and have no handicap. Beloved, take heart that The Lord knows we have waited for a long time but He is also the timeless One living within us. Because He lives in us, He has set us free from the constraints of space and time. If we find ourselves going around in circles, perhaps it would be good to seek The Lord. Are we at the right place? If not, ask Him to move you quickly to the designated location...and once that has happened, you can be confident that the fullness of time is surely not far off!

No comments:

Post a Comment