Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Korean dramas

Recently I am watching a Korean drama by Lee Min Ho called 'Personal Taste'. I don't know whether it's because his cool and nonchalant attitude reminded me of Heng in the past or that he is really good looking, an eye candy. But those scenes when he took care of the female character really warms my heart. Somehow these romantic scenes are very well taken. I cannot help but feel intoxicated by this love they had. It's just the way he looked at the female lead...so very sweet. I don't know why but I feel like a young girl all over again. These intense emotions of love are coming back to me.

Maybe I feel so very loved by my dear hubby and also by My Lord Jesus. I know I am not indulging in a fantasy love world. It's reality. But I am so very drawn by the drama that I cannot help watching three episodes in a row. This story talked about a girl who lost her mother since young. She grew up without the love of her father, and ended up living like a naive girl even when she was all grown up. She was betrayed by her good friend and her boyfriend, who attempted to get married without her knowing. She was heartbroken and devastated.

Eventually she met this guy acted by Lee Min Ho, her tenant who managed to turn her from a girl to a woman and helped nursed her emotional wounds. She mistook him for a gay so was able to open her heart to him. They grew closer as the day passed, having spent a lot of time together as roommates. This guy even helped her take revenge at her ex-boyfriend as he changed his mind to woo her back. But this guy had unknowingly fallen in love with her. She was also beginning to see him as the most important person in her world.

This lady was kind and very caring but she got emotionally attached to people easily. She was also very trusting. After spending some time with her roommate, she grew very attached to him because he took meticulous care of her since she was quite a scatterbrained person. There were many funny moments of them together too. He told her to be strong and not trust people easily but she said she couldn't, maybe because she was deprived of love and affection. Her mum died when she was five and her dad didn't really show love to her. The guy's heart went out to her when she said that and showed her more tender loving care.

Slowly the female lead found herself falling in love with her roommate yet because she thought he was gay, he would never be able to love her as a woman. That pained her heart so much because she had an unrequited, one-sided love. She even wished that she could be born a man! Unrequited love is so painful...and I know Jesus feels that way whenever I couldn't reciprocate His love for me. He longs for intimacy, much like a man who loves his woman longs to hold her, touch her and be intimate with her. Now I understand the verse 'hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life' from His perspective.

I was wondering why God had me indulge in a world of intense love. He knows I have been inundated with all these poisonous and negative thoughts in recent months. And the only effective way to deal with such fearful and doubtful thoughts was to indulge in His perfect love for perfect love casts out all fear. In this perfect love with Christ, there is no room for any doubts or unbelief. Pastor Prince said the time you love God most is when you are most conscious of His love for you. And good things happen to you when you are conscious of His love for you. Faith works effortlessly in an atmosphere of love. Don't judge His love for you from your circumstances. Look to the cross, where God's demonstration of love was clearly portrayed.

As I watched the Korean dramas, I also realized that through these years of spending time with God, I have grown so attached to Him. Those little things we shared together, the times He spoke to me and encouraged me, comforted me. The secrets He shared with me, how He opened up His heart and shared His thoughts with me. I remembered how I would cry out my heart to Him and take my doubts to Him, reasoning with Him. How I wavered at times, how I went through all the emotional ups and downs but every time without fail, God will give me hope and bring me back to the place of peace.

It was really magical for me to be lost in the world of intoxicating love. It made me think about our courtship days. It was so sweet and intense. Of course our love has grown so much now but sometimes it's good to reminisce those courtship days. When I think about those memories, the intense emotions of falling in love came back all over again. I believe God is the One who caused me to remember such emotions. In this world of captivating love, I also felt Jesus' love for me. It was so wonderful that I didn't want to leave this world. Nothing else mattered so long as I was in His embrace, with my eyes locked in His.

In this magical world, I feel like I am so beautiful and so precious, hotly pursued by my Lover. In and of myself I am not that attractive, just like that female lead. But because my Lover is so handsome and outstanding, yet the fact that He only has eyes for me makes me so special. It's like what is it in me that made Him love me so much. Yet it's not about me but all about Him. Just like when the father asked the guy what was it that he loved about his daughter, he couldn't answer, yet he said his heart was just so drawn to her. How true! There is nothing in me that could attract Jesus but yet my heart so captivates Him. At the end of the day, it's about His great love for me. I am so blessed for I experienced this love and I know Him intimately.

After watching a few Korean dramas, I realized that true love always faced some resistance. The couple will usually face opposition from parents or there will be a jealous person trying to wreck their relationship. Either that or they have hidden some truths and afraid that the other person will find out and feel betrayed. In such cases, there's a stronghold over them. The moments the couple spent together are often very sweet but alas, there are always distractions from the outside. But I guess these are all tests of true love for their relationship and true love is able to withstand such tests. Eventually the couple who is determined enough to be committed to love each other will always end up together. Like in the case of this drama, the couple finally overcame all the odds and the guy proposed to her. What a perfect ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment