Tuesday, January 21, 2020

DISCERNING DIVINE DELAY FROM DEMONIC DELAY

As I was meditating on some of the revelations I received recently, I realised the Lord has done a marvellous work in removing the veil from my eyes regarding an age old stronghold. For many years I was confused about whether it was a timing issue and a divine delay or that the enemy was causing a spirit of delay over my promises. 

Indeed for the decade of Ayin (Hebrew years 5770-5779) I have been learning to see things in the right perspective but was unable to, many times because of the smokescreen and veil the enemy put in front of me. But now that the decade of seeing had ended and we entered into the decade of Pey (Hebrew years 5780-5789) I realised many things are becoming much clearer to me.

I received answers that I had been seeking for years. It was like suddenly the heavens were open to me. I believe this was due to the shift in season and spiritual atmosphere. There has been a change. A huge change. A big turnaround. Now back to the distinguishing between divine and demonic delays. It was only on hindsight I could differentiate the two. There was a recent post that explained very clearly the difference.

A divine delay is when God says, "No, not yet," or "Wait." He uses it for the purpose of divine and spiritual growth, maturity, development, protection and for the right season and timing. A demonic delay is when you go around and around in circles and can't seem to break out of a particular loop; this is when the forces of demonic delay and denial have been forged against you.

The area of timing has been an issue the enemy had been taunting me for years. Ever since Feb 2008, God told me to trust him when I asked Him to reveal His will for my next season. Precisely because He didn’t show me then, the enemy took the opportunity to sell me all sorts of lies about God being unable to tell me. Primarily the lie was about how God wanted me to wait for a very very long time for this promise to manifest. 

For many years my mind was like a scrambled egg when it comes to the topic of appointed time. I felt like I could never get a hold on this. Many times I thought I had come to my appointed time only to face more delays and disappointments. I came to a point when my faith was so seriously hit that I didn’t know what to believe anymore. It even caused me to doubt my ability to hear from the Lord. 

Well, there was a part of the journey where I knew the Lord was dealing with many stuff in my life. There was a divine delay for the purpose of my spiritual growth, in preparation for the work He has prepared for me to do. He even explained to me the reasons for the delay in 2014. What I didn’t discern was that from 2015, the delay wasn’t from the Lord. It was a spirit of delay sent to demoralise and drain me of energy so that I would give up on this promise. 

When I reviewed my journals, I then saw how the Lord only spoke to me about Daniel and the 21 day delay from Nov 2015. After that I kept seeing messages about breaking the spirit of delay from 2016. It was only when I saw how I seemed to be stuck in an endless cycle of delay that I felt something was not right. This couldn’t be from the Lord. For many years I was stuck in this cycle of attacks, disappointments and delays. It was causing me to be so weary, to the point of wanting to give up. 

I knew there was some stretching needed in 2011 but I didn’t know when it would end. So the enemy took the opportunity to hit me at my confusion. Now I see that everything the enemy was doing for the past five years was to stop me from receiving my promise. But more than that, he was trying to keep me from knowing the times and seasons. At its very core, he was hitting at my ability to hear the Lord clearly, especially on the timing issues. 

The Lord has spoken in very clear terms that this waiting is not from Him and He wants me to break the cycle of delay in Jesus name! When it is your time, God will hasten His word to perform it. On 15 Dec 2019, Pastor Joel also preached this message ‘It’s going to happen quickly’. There are some moments God has prepared to do a sudden work in your life. The difficulty you’re facing may have been there for years, but God is about to remove it. He's going to suddenly turn things around. Get ready to step into the fulfilment of His promise!

You may have been stuck in that place for years but when it’s your time, God can quickly change things. He can do a quick turnaround. He will quickly move your enemies out of the way. Our enemies will quickly hurry out of the way. You will come to a time when God will do a quick work. God knows how to get Pharaoh to you. To get you out of prison and into the position of influence. Joseph woke up that morning a slave but went to bed that night a prime minister. God is suddenly going to catapult you to a new level.

In Deuteronomy 9:1-3, God told the new generation that He would cross over ahead of them to deal with the enemy so they could quickly conquer the land. Behind the scenes He is crossing ahead of us to take care of the obstacles. You didn’t see any sign of it in the natural but suddenly it will happen. God will hasten to perform His word as written in Jeremiah 1:12. He will suddenly do it. God can do more in a day than what we can do in years.

Quit believing those lies that it’s going to take a long time to receive this promise. God is crossing over so that you can quickly conquer. Dreams coming to pass in record time. You didn’t see it coming. It’s going to happen quickly. Quickly conquer. God will cause us to quickly conquer. It’s not permanent. It’s going to work out. My enemies are moving out of the way. We have to stay in the offensive. Don’t align with the enemy’s lies that it’s permanent, it’s never going to change or it’s going to take a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment