Monday, January 13, 2020

REVELATIONS ABOUT TIME

I have always been very curious about how God views time. I believe this has to do with my calling to be like the sons of Issachar, who knew about the times and seasons and what Israel was to do. 1 Chronicles 12:32. Yet I had never struggled so much about discerning the timing of God than other areas of my life. It was like each time I thought I heard God correctly about the timing of certain events, I was severely disappointed over and over again. I really thought I had missed it in this area. However that did not stop me from seeking the Lord more about revelations on time. I always felt that there was so much more to how we see time. 

In Feb 2017, I wrote this. Recently I sensed that God is trying to teach me about time and space. Especially about how humans view time. And how God is not limited to time, so are we not limited by time. I thought about how God can traverse through different points in time so that's why the visions He showed us may not be sequential. Not only that He usually don't reveal the timing of the vision because time is of no consequence to Him. When He pulls back the curtain to show us a glimpse of our future, it is as good as done. 

I feel that He is stretching my imagination to think of things that seem impossible and too deep for my puny mind to process. Things like how when we speak in tongues, the written language could be in circles, like that in the movie ‘Arrival’. Each circle is like a sentence which contains many symbols. That heavenly language is so rich that it would revolutionise the way we see things, especially time. We will also be able to see things to come and prepare for them accordingly.

In Sep 2018, I wrote this. For many years I struggled with this timing issue. I know God is outside of time and He can restore the years the locusts had eaten, but still I live in the constraints of time and space until I discovered another dimension. The spiritual dimension that knows no boundary or limits. When I operated in that dimension, I was released from the constraints of time and the natural world. It was like the fifth dimension in the movie Interstellar, where time and space are just dimensions and not limitations.

In this dimension I saw that when a promise was given, it was a done deal. But exactly how long it will take I cannot be sure unless God reveals it to me. Usually God will only show it to me when the appointed time for that event is very near, in order to prepare me for it. But that is where many people miss it. They stopped short of the manifestation of the promise. They gave up too soon and missed the chance to see God's power in action. More than just a wonderful testimony, it was a chance to own that miracle. When you experienced a miracle, it belonged to you forever.

Recently I was again thinking about the notions of time. How God views time. I had this sense that God moves very fast, but He is slowing down for our sakes. This led me to think about how the astronauts who move at the speed of light actually age slower than their peers on earth. I was always very amazed by this concept. How time can be relative. So if we could move at the speed God moves, then we could be kept young like astronauts. 

This was what I thought about in Apr 2013. Times are short...the Lord does not want to wait decades for things to be put right in our lives before He can use us mightily. This is a season of acceleration and He is moving fast. He wants us to come up to speed and move as fast as Him. Many times we felt that He was not moving fast enough, as some of us have waited for years for our breakthrough. But the truth is He moves at lightning speed. He is slowing down for our sakes. We can't move as fast, we can't catch up with His speed. He knows we cannot take it if He moves us from A to Z. So in His mercy, He got to bring us through sequentially.

That brings me to another concept about time dilation. Time dilation is a difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers   either moving relative to each other or differently situated from a gravitational mass or masses. Time dilation explains why two working clocks will report different times after different accelerations. 

On earth we see time as finite. The time taken for a certain process like the object falling to the ground was almost the same in any part of the world. That was because the gravitational pull on earth was the same, maybe with a little variation that is negligible. However when one is in space the gravitational pull varies significantly. That is why time can be blended, hence time dilation. The closer one is to the centre of the gravitational pull, the slower time passes.

I saw a parallel in the spiritual sense. The closer one is to God, the slower the person ages. This was because God is not limited by time so He can redeem the years the locusts had eaten. Not only that, He renews our youth like the eagles. Hence time is not finite when it is time spent with God. We see this concept at work when an astronaut orbits space after a few years, his peers would have aged more than him. This is the concept of time dilation at work.

There’s another thing about time travel which is currently impossible in our world. Yet the concept has been much talked about and researched on. Well, in my opinion God is a time traveller. Because God is outside time, He can go back in time to touch and heal your past so that what hurt you felt back then loses its sting. He can touch your future and bring forward that promotion or breakthrough, accelerating time.

I see the way we can overcome time is through the spiritual realm. In that realm, we are ageless. We are not bound by time or space. Yet the spiritual realm is more real than the physical realm. Just like whatever is happening in the physical realm first occurred in the spiritual realm. It is also in the spiritual realm that God gives us glimpses of our future. The times when He pulls back the curtains to show us our future. To God, that event has already taken place though physically it hasn’t yet. Or not yet in our world.

How about resurrection? What does it do to time? I think it is like a reset. Resurrection exerts a power on the person or thing, giving it a new lease of life. It was like the old was wiped clean as a slate and time restarts from the point of resurrection. Yet the interesting thing was the past was never truly forgotten by God because one day He will come back to restore to us the years the locusts had eaten. This is a profound concept which I cannot explain but it is true.   

2 comments:

  1. Wow what an amazing and anointed piece. My spirit - by the Spirit leaps as i read. It really blesses me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouragement, I am blessed by it.

    ReplyDelete