Wednesday, March 11, 2020

SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY

In Feb, I was prompted to watch the series of ‘Spirit, soul and body’ by Andrew Wommack. It is truly the foundation of the Christian life. I don’t know why I could not persist in watching it some time ago. Maybe some mental block. But the Holy Spirit has been prompting me to persist in watching the entire series. So I finally got back to it eventually. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm-VV7Edv-o

This teaching is simple yet profound. As I was watching it, I felt my mind being renewed. As in physically. I had this sensation before in 2011 when God told me that I have the mind of Christ. As I listened to his teachings, I realised that the new man was created in me when I got saved. And the spiritual mirror is the word of God. We have to look at the mirror of His word in order to know how we look like in the spirit.

We cannot see ourselves in the spirit using our five senses. Spirit, soul and mind are totally independent entities. Last Dec, I was saying goodbye to my old self. I thought it was just my old self in the past season but it was my old self before I got converted. I talked about how I would not remember how I used to look like spiritually. And this spirit man is not the one I see in the mirror or the photos.

Andrew Wommack was teaching us to renew the soul part of us. Our spirit is redeemed. It is always joyful, happy and never sick or weak. It is perfect right now and has the exact DNA as Jesus. This teaching is bringing us to a place where we can don’t be affected by our emotions or our five senses. Or not let our emotions pull us down for long. Yes we may still get hurt but our spirit bounces back if we allow the spirit man to have predominance.

Spirit gives birth to spirit and flesh gives birth to flesh. This truth was ingrained into my mind in Dec 2011 over a swollen gum issue. The Lord opened my eyes to see that there was a spiritual cause to the disease. And in order for me to be completely healed physically, I had to get rid of the root cause. Once the stronghold was destroyed, the manifestation will always come.

We cannot sin in the spirit realm because our spirit has been transformed. So God sees us in the spirit and is always pleased with us. He sees us in the image of His Son. Hence the condemnation and feelings of unworthiness really is from the soul realm. God never makes us feel condemned. He never once blamed me for missing my Jordan. I don’t know why it took me so long to realise it.

God has to bring me through a process of mind renewal over the decade. He dealt with the soulish part of me so many times. The sentimental and emotional part of me. That is not in line with my spirit or His spirit. It is precisely this part of me that has been holding me back from my destiny. Like how I was sentimental about cutting ties with relationships from my past.

God is doing a deep work to release me from the soulish part. The incumbrance had to be ridden of. I believe this was also the part that kept me from receiving my promise. I kept looking in the natural when God told me so many times that this promise had already been given in the spiritual realm. Because my eyes were still on the natural, I couldn’t see the reality of the spiritual realm.

In fact, before the physical realm existed, the spirit realm was always there. So all that I see in the physical realm existed in the spiritual realm first. The spiritual realm is more real than what you can see. It is that part that will never die or pass away. Hence the Lord has been teaching me to see things like He saw. He has been retraining my soul or mind to see into the spiritual realm. My spirit is redeemed but my soul isn’t yet.

My soul may make mistakes or be angry with people but my spirit is not angry. My spirit has so much compassion for the people who transgressed against me. I have that love. I may not always feel it but it is there in my spirit. So the key is letting the spirit man dominate in my life. This part of me that is identical to Jesus. I have the same love as Jesus. Jesus is living in me. That is being spiritual minded. What you feel is not reality.

There’s another part of you that is beyond what you feel. The spirit in you allows you to live as God lives. Christ in us, the hope of glory. We can choose not to feel helpless because change is possible. All we have to do is to cooperate with Him and change our minds. There is nothing impossible with God. All things are possible with Him. The key is to see the spiritual realm more real than the physical realm.

When you get the revelation, it changes everything. It changes the way you see yourself. You know who you really are in Christ. You are not an old sinner. Old things had passed away. You got power and authority in you. You can overcome all things in Christ. This will change your life. We need to keep listening until this truth sinks into your mind. Like a light coming on in your brain. Your spirit knows things long before your mind does.

There’s a part of me that will not be affected by emotions and sin in my life. It affects my actions and the way I think. My spirit cannot sin and it will never die. It is never sick or downcast or weak. We walk by faith, not by sight. Focus on that part of you that is holy and powerful and having the nature of God. It will give you a new dose of the power of God to live the overcoming life.

If you get your soul part aligned with the spirit part, then two thirds of your spirit, soul and body are working for you. Your soul and spirit is aligned to God’s word. Only the body is not yet aligned but eventually it will. What is of the spiritual realm will eventually manifest in the natural realm. I have a sense that this teaching may very well cause me to have a breakthrough in overcoming how I feel in my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment