Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cooking

Ever since I stayed home for the past two weeks, I have attempted to cook dinner for my family three times. Not many times though but for someone who has not cooked a proper meal for a few years, it is a major feat. My hubby is the one who usually cooks because he has an interest in cooking, not me. But somehow, having more time at home makes me think about making home-cooked food which is healthier. Heng told me to learn from cook books but I was not so keen to follow a cook book.

I really thank God for those attempts at cooking really turned out very well, as my hubby gave me a distinction. Though the dishes were all very simple, what was amazing was that I did not follow any cook book and having no prior practice before, the dishes all turned out fine.

Ok, this is the secret. Before I start cooking, I told God to bless the work of my hands and make the food turn out delicious. Interestingly as I started cooking, I 'instinctively' know how much seasoning to add and at what precise moment to put in which ingredients to the wok. It is almost like I had cooked before. Of course I know it cannot be me. It has to be the Holy Spirit guiding me; His wisdom in teaching me to cook. Isaiah 54:13 says 'All your sons will be taught by the Lord; and great will be your children's peace.' I think even in the area of cooking, I am taught by the Lord personally (ha ha...no need cook books!)

I told Heng if this is not the work of God, how could all my attempts at cooking turn out so well? Being fully confident that God who began a good work in me (for cooking) will bring it to completion, I am excited about cooking more delicious meals for my family in the future. I am sure I will scale greater heights in the area of cooking. Indeed God causes whatever I put my hands on to prosper. All glory be to God!

1 comment:

  1. Well.... This is interesting.... Bt I believe u have a potential in cooking... This believe will guide you along in ur learning progress.... Gaining fruitful experience... Very soon u will become a great cook!

    ReplyDelete