Friday, February 25, 2011

Faith in the small things

Today I had a breakfast appointment with one of my close friend. I was already late when I left my house but when I reached the bus-stop, I wanted to sms my friend to let her know I would be 10 minutes late, I realised my handphone was on low battery. In fact, I was not even sure how long it would last. I was a bit worried in case I can't even contact her when I reach there.

Besides, I had to let my dad know I would be picking Joshua up because my dad would usually pick my mum, Joshua and my nephew from the childcare centre. Nowadays, it is so inconvenient to move around without a handphone...see how we have become so reliant on technology...

My heart was troubled...I was thinking why didn't I detect the low battery and charge my handphone before I leave my home? Even if I had charged like 10 minutes, it would still be good. Then something within me says 'Stop reproaching yourself. Don't let your heart be troubled. Pray and ask God for help.' That was exactly what I did. I asked God to sustain the battery life of my handphone until the time I picked Joshua up. I told God I am really desperate and I am relying solely on the power of God now. After my prayers, I felt more at peace.

Thank God I had a good time fellowshipping with my friend and I was not bothered by my handphone at all. I could even sms my dad to tell him that I would be picking Joshua up. My dad told me he could come and pick me up at the place of my appointment to go to the childcare centre together. He sms me to tell me to wait at the bus-stop in 10 minutes time.

I was amazed that my handphone could last so long...almost 2.5 hours since the battery was low. I thought it would have gone flat prettty soon and I might need to borrow my friend's phone to call my dad. But guess what, the moment I got into my dad's taxi, my phone went flat! What precise timing! Praise the Lord! This was a precious faith lesson for me that if I could believe, all things are possible! Yes, even in the small things!

No comments:

Post a Comment