Monday, February 7, 2011

Truly the Most Blessed CNY

I have so many thanksgiving for this Chinese New Year (CNY). Actually I don't really enjoy the previous CNYs. It was usually a very busy period for everyone and I felt the visitations were rather meaningless. Relatives whom you don't usually meet will gather during this time and ask questions which are quite weird. Like if you are not married, they will ask when you are going to have a boyfriend or when to get married. And when you are married, they will ask when you are going to have kids. When you have one kid, they will ask when is baby no. 2 coming. The cycle seems endless.

So I was praying that God will make this CNY so blessed that I will enjoy it. I have so many thanksgiving. Firstly, God answered my prayers - no one asked me when is baby no. 2 coming even when my brother-in-law has another baby girl. Usually they will ask when is our turn but this time round, no one asked anything. Thiis to my great relief. We know for sure that our 2nd baby would be born this year but how to explain to them that we know for sure. Well, the solution is just let God handle the situation (which He did this year).

Secondly, one of Heng's aunties (3rd uncle's wife) has just received Christ and is also attending New Creation Church, Chinese service! She is the most unlikely candidate to receive Christ because she used to be the most superstitious one but when the Lord touched her, she is transformed. Even when she spoke of the Lord's love for her, her tears rolled uncontrollably. She also encouraged us to bring my mother-in-law to NCC. I told her my mother-in-law has received Christ and the auntie said that she noticed something different about her this year. Something like she is happier and more at peace. Wow, really thank God for that!

Thirdly, it is about my grandma. Initially my aunties and uncles were saying to send her back to the nursing home after CNY because they really cannot take care of her anymore. My grandma was quite sad and she told me she has no home now and would have to sleep by the roadside. I told her that she always has a home and that Jesus will take care of her. My grandma surprised me by saying that Jesus follows her wherever she goes! Wow! This showed that Jesus is real in her life! What happened next was no less of a miracle. I learnt that my mum actually relented and was willing to take in my grandma. I think she is very noble to allow grandma to stay with them because she was not the favourite daughter-in-law. In fact, she had suffered a great deal under my grandma. If this is not the love of Christ in her, what could it be?

Lastly, I thank God we were able to host Heng's relatives during CNY. This beautiful home is a testimony of God's blessings in our life. We had a chance to 'brag' about the Lord's goodness to his relatives. Indeed living amidst such a beautiful surrounding caused me to want to fellowship more with God. Until today, I still cannot believe that we are living in such a nice condo. This is truly a manifestation of the Lord's goodness. He cares so much that even the place we live in is so important to Him.  God is truly pure goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment