Thursday, November 3, 2011

God's Supernatural Protection

I was asked to lead the care group on Tuesday as my care group leader had something on. Even though our family just arrived from a holiday in Taiwan on Monday midnight, I agreed to lead. However, I really had very little time to prepare for the care group facilitation, unlike the previous times. But I told God it was not about me or my efforts but it was about the Holy Spirit taking charge of the session. With that, I ended my preparations and I felt more relieved.

As I stepped into the care group meeting place, I felt tired and worn-out. I guess it was because we did not have enough rest during the Taiwan holiday because it was a packaged tour and the itinerary was so packed. That evening, there were fewer care group members than usual so I was quite relieved, thinking it would be an easy session to lead. Little did I expect what was coming on next.

During worship, a couple walked into the home. They were newcomers. My first thought was 'Oh dear! Newcomers! How do I find the energy to 'ra ra' the members to give them a warm welcome? I am already so tired!' But I told God that though I am weak, He is strong and again I asked God to be the Chairperson of this meeting. I trust that He will strengthen me.

Yet that was not all. Sometime later, during our sharing, one of our church pastors walked into the home. This time I was totally surprised! I knew that our zone pastor would visit and observe one of the sessions that I led since I was new but I did not expect it to be this session! Not when my care group leader was not around and at a time when I was the worst prepared! Again I had to turn my eyes away from my efforts and look to the Lord for provision.

And so I continued with the session, talking about the four faces of Jesus in the gospels. When I spoke about why Jesus was portrayed as the King of Jews and the Lion of Judah in the gospel of Matthew, one of the light bulbs came crashing down. It fell right in front of where our pastor sat in the living room sofa. The sound gave everyone a fright. My first reaction was: whether my son was hurt because that was the exact spot that he usually sat and played his toys. Miraculously Joshua was not there! Wow! Really thank God for His protection as no one was hurt.

It turned out that Joshua was not in the living room but sitting along the passageway near the door. Earlier on, he asked his daddy for a piece of tissue as he wanted to eat some pineapple tarts. For some reason, my hubby did not give him the tissue. So Joshua went to the passageway to eat his food as he did not want to dirty the living room with the crumbs. Both of us were busy that evening and no one attended to Joshua. But God is so good. He personally took care of Joshua while we were serving.

I guess what the evil one meant for bad, God turned it into good. Our pastor was commenting about what an anointed session I was leading that even the light bulb burst! He also said it was a breakthrough! At the end of the session, our pastor encouraged me and said it was a well-led session. I told him it was God, not me because I was so ill-prepared and so tired even at the start of the session. He said it did not look like I was ill-prepared as the leading seemed to be effortless. Thank God for the flow and for the supernatural protection especially over Joshua! All glory to Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment