Thursday, November 10, 2011

God's Supernatural Turnaround

It had been a dramatic week for me. My grandma was hospitalised on last Tuesday after a regular check-up. The doctor just wanted to keep her under observation, for further checks. When I visited my grandma last Saturday, I was quite taken aback by her condition. My aunts said she was cheerful and looked ok on Thursday but then on Friday she suddenly seemed to have aged a lot. It turned out that she had a minor stroke and there was a lot of phlegm in her throat hence she could not eat well or speak properly. She also could not move her left arm and leg.

When I saw her, my heart sank. Earlier I had peace from God that my grandma is going to be well but once I sat my eyes on the natural, God's Word went out of the window. All the human emotions surged when I saw how much she has aged and why suddenly her condition has deteroriated overnight. But I applied anointing oil on her, laid hands on her and prayed. We also partook the holy communion together with her. I told my uncle who is also a believer that it is not God's will for her to leave yet. I believed that she would recover. It was in this hospital two years ago that she accepted Christ. I committed my grandma to God's loving hands.

Then yesterday I received a call from my dad saying that my grandma's heart is weak and the doctor said she could leave anytime now, within the next 24 hours. When I heard the news, my heart was still unmoved. I had peace even as I sought a confirmation from the Lord. The Lord showed me Psalm 103:3 'who forgives my iniquities and heals my diseases' and I knew God's will for her is to live and not die. However, there is just one thing I was bothered about: my grandma's will. I was not sure whether she wanted to live on. Because I knew God will not override her will.

When we reached the hospital, most of my relatives had gathered around her bed. I really hated that scene for it reminded me of the time when my beloved grandfather passed away. Some of my aunties had been crying. I went to my grandma and told her to look into my eyes. I told her that it is the Lord's will for her to live on and she will recover. I asked her whether she wanted to live a few more years. She said no. My heart sat and I cried 'Why? Why don't you want to live on?' Then I realised she might have given up hope on living. Because prior to that she was staying in the nursing home but she missed staying with my youngest uncle. She really loved my uncle and his family, especially his son.

I told my grandma 'Don't give up hope. Don't you wish to return to my uncle's home?' Her face lit up and she said yes and asked my uncle's son if she could stay at his home. But a while later, she was asking to see the rest of the family like my other uncle and auntie who were not there yet. She also was leaving some last words for my uncles and aunties. My heart sank and I could not stop crying because this scene reminded me too much of my grandfather's last moments. Yet I knew that God's Word had the power to turn the situation around. When we touch Jesus, we touch life. My grandma cannot help but live on.

I left that scene for I could not look to the natural anymore. I went away by myself to a quiet place to pray and to petition God. I told myself I need to look to Jesus and not at the natural situation. I spent some time praying in tongues and crying out to Abba Father and Jesus. Then I sensed a release. I felt that I had touched my Father's heart and He has answered me. Afterall, all that healing had already taken place when Christ died on the cross. So I started to worship and sing unto the Lord.

As I was still singing, my cousin tapped my shoulder and told me grandma would be ok. I thought he was just consoling me. My brother came to inform me that the nurse said my grandma's vital organs were still working well and she was not in danger. They would send her for further checks tomorrow. I broke out in praise and said 'Hallelujah to the Lord!' My countenance changed and I was joyful again. I went back and told my grandma that she would surely recover and told her to cry out to Jesus. I told her to say 'Jesus' and she did. At once I declared that whoever calls on the name of Jesus, they shall be saved! 

I really thank God for this morning, my uncle brought me good news. The doctor said my grandma's phelgm has disappeared and she could be discharged on Monday! I really thank God for only He can turnaround such a gloomy situation! I thank God for He is so unfairly good to us! It is truly God's grace for me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment