Wednesday, June 10, 2015

GOD PREPARES THE WAY FOR US

'I have come that you may have life and life more abundantly.' John 10:10

Yesterday God fulfilled yet another desire of my heart. I have been eyeing this branded hand bag for a while but I find it a bit expensive. So I waited for a good deal before I decide to buy. I have been searching the Internet for the deals for almost two months but I didn't see this bag in the colour I like. But just last Saturday I chanced upon this website that has good deals on this brand of bag but I wasn't hopeful. They usually didn't have the colours I wanted. But lo and behold! When I saw the colours I wanted, my heart skipped a beat! And the price was reasonable to me, at almost half the original price. Besides, this deal would last only for a day and if I wasn't led to search this website, I would have totally missed out on this good deal! 

I placed the online order and a few days later, the bag was delivered to my doorstep. It came in a very nice big black box tied up with gold ribbons. It was so exciting unwrapping the present. As I did that, I felt like a little girl. I never really had people giving me nice gifts since young so I wasn't used to it. Usually it was me wrapping up and giving gifts to others. But yesterday I felt like God was so sweet...like He was preparing this bag as a beautifully wrapped present to me.

And as I unwrapped this precious gift, I was full of anticipation and great excitement. You can imagine the joy on my face when my eyes met the bag for the first time. I totally fell in love with it! Oh the look and feel of it, the smell of the new leather...simply delightful! I have imagined how the bag looks like, feels like, smells like so many times but nothing beats the real thing!

Through this incident, I began to appreciate the fact that God has gone ahead before me to prepare the way for me so I would enjoy it. Even in my life I have learnt that if I hadn't prepared for certain events, I might not have enjoyed them to the fullest. Besides sometimes the fun is in the preparation and anticipation of that event. Like an excited little girl opening my present yesterday, I really loved the feeling of unwrapping my present even though I already knew what was in it.

Yes, sometimes we may get impatient and tell God to hurry up and give us our present without the wrapping. We may think that we don't need the anticipation and the preparation, we just want it now. We believe that we will be happy with the desire fulfilled but most times when the blessing comes, we may not enjoy it to the fullest. Sometimes it is because we aren't really ready when we thought we are. Other times we may not be able to handle the responsibility that comes with the blessing. Either way we are shortchanged.

God meant for us to enjoy our life as Jesus came to give us life more abundantly. He is the good heavenly Daddy who loves to see the joy and delight on our faces as we unwrap our presents. He is happy when He sees us happy. And it gives Him great pleasure when we thank Him for the present. We also glorify God with our thanksgiving. Our Daddy God really loves us so much. In fact the best present God has given us is His Son Jesus. He is everything we could ever desire. Some of us accepted Christ but never really unwrapped this gift and enjoyed the benefits. My dear friends, have you unwrapped your present yet? Is it still sitting in your living room? Don't hesitate anymore...go and unwrap this present today! And enjoy Jesus!



No comments:

Post a Comment